Apple MC372LL/A MacBook Pro 15-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)

Apple MC372LL/A MacBook Pro  15-inch LaptopHopefully this video will help communicate how great this machine is.

It isn't without it's issues, but great no less.

This particular MBP is excellent. I use a Quadcore PC for graphic intensive work and picked up one of these to help with development work webpages and research. This laptop blows away my Windows Quadcore, totally! It is so speedy. Startup in about 30 seconds, shutdown in 2-4 seconds, resume from sleep in 0-2 seconds. Applications open in seconds and there are no lags, hiccups or awkward moments when you wonder whether your computer is out for tea. OS X is solid with lots of innovations such as quicklook which save heaps of time. PDF files can be viewed instantly. Images can be multi-selected and viewed swiftly or in slideshow mode. Wonderful zooming. With Windows laptops a wireless mouse is an absolute must. I bought a Logitech desktop set in anticipation for using with the MBP, but I use the touchpad 90% of the time. It's so useable and responsive. The screen is gorgeous yummy good. I like how the Mac OS is so simple and easy to use, plus there are some really good freeware apps to improve things.

Here are a few.

PathFinder not free tabbed Finder with dual panels. A Must!

iGetThingsDone Task organiser

NeoOffice completely free office suite

Opera Browser although I use Safari 95% of the time, I do use Opera to grab html and image elements from websites

Carbon Copy Cloner backup util

ClamXAV antivirus

Burn backup and write DVD's / CD's

Filezilla FTP / uploading files

GrabberWindow essential takes screenshots

Inkscape vector app

Jalbum create online photo albums

Jumpcut souped up clipboard

Journler excellent for note taking

MacSword Bible browser / study

Mindnode Pro Mindmapping. Not free buy the pro version has lots of plusses over the free version

ffmpegx convert videos

Name Mangler batch file renamer

Qumana remote offline blogging

Seashore image editing like photoshop

Sidenote desktop note reminder unobtrusive and handy

unRarX unzipper recommended

VLC movie player

Vox music player

VMFusion not free but affordable run Windows without leaving OS X

There's no reason to buy a Windows laptop when Macs are this good.

Can't recommend this one enough. In terms of heat, I use my own workaround just in case even though I haven't noticed it get hot at all. I chopped up an eraser into 1 cm segments and have placed one at each corner. This 1 cm gap ensures the laptop keeps cool, plus the rubber eraser won't let the laptop slip from side to side. I was going to buy a Rain MBP stand but the erasers seem to do the trick.

I don't play games on my MBP. Laptops, be they Windows or Apples, are not made for playing graphics intensive games. Slim bodies aren't able to cope. Eventually the heat will destroy the internal components. I have been tempted to play Grid on my MBP but just to see the stunning level of detail obtainable. I will leave on Grid just to demo for 5 minutes every 6 months or so. But the sensible rule is No intensive games.

Older games should be ok. But it doesn't make sense to spend so much money on such a machine and then waste it on games.

My only gripe is that MBP's should come with video adapters included in the box, or a coupon so buyers can pick them up free from a local istore.

Buy Apple MC372LL/A MacBook Pro 15-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) Now

The MacBook expensive, no HDMI, could use two more usb outlets, but using it is another story. It just kicks butt!!!! Fast, beautiful graphics, and high-octane preformance. Set-up was easy, and the it sort of grows on you because of the ease of operation. And mind you, this is from someone who until recently never used a Mac at all. I still use a PC ( I also have a Samsung N-150 Netbook), but I find myself using the Mac more often. If you can afford it, GET IT.

PS: Get the AppleCare Protection Plan if you can.

Read Best Reviews of Apple MC372LL/A MacBook Pro 15-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) Here

Been running my new MacBook Pro for about 4 weeks now and it's handled just about anything I've thrown at it. Primarily used for web development and digital photography, there's very few hiccups found on this machine. Apple's software, as always, is solid and full featured, but not necessarily deep with customization.

Pros:

+Incredibly slim and light

+Beautiful screen

+Games modestly

+Works right out of the box with no junkware

Cons:

Gets INCREDIBLY hot, it will burn you if you game on your lap

For the hardware it's pricey, but you pay for the entire package

Want Apple MC372LL/A MacBook Pro 15-inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) Discount?

I've been waiting for an eternity (feels like it anyway) to get a laptop. I'm glad it waited, this one is great. So far, I have no complaints. The battery holds up well, it's built very solidly, and runs fast.

Yes, the screen is glossy, but I haven't found it to be annoying in the slightest.

Yes, it gets warm after using it for a while, but not too bad, and the aluminum body seems to be good at dissipating the heat.

And yes, I was stressed out about spending so much, but now that it's all over, I zero regrets.

I love it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment