Sony Vaio VGN-FW590F3B 16.4" 4GB BluRay Burner Laptop

Sony Vaio VGN-FW590F3B 16.4' 4GB BluRay Burner LaptopI just received this laptop 2 days ago. I've been using it as I've been setting it up as my main PC. It has a great build. Feels and looks fantastic. I watched a blue-ray disc and it looked great on the laptop's screen. Bluetooth is nice to have to be able to listen to music from the laptop on my bluetooth headset.

I've used it on battery power and it lasted over an hour and a half, and I had the setting at "balanced". The system said I had over 62% battery life remaining and I had been viewing video, pics, and wireless web usage.

The only thing that I haven't adjusted to yet is the sound from the fan whenever it's plugged in. I have it set to "Performance" mode whenever it is plugged in, but the sound from the fan kind of is going to get some taking used to. It's not loud, but you can hear it when things are quiet. It's not much, but something I'll have to get used to.

The other thing, which is minor, are the stickers Sony put on the wrist wrests. I would have rather not had the stickers all over the the wrist wrests. But hey, that's just me being picky. It has nothing to do with the system or the performance.

Reason I gave it 4 stars: was because of the fan. Were it not for the fan noise, it would have been 5 stars. I'm sure in a month or so, I will be used to the fan and will change it to 5 stars.

Update (July 7, 2011): Since my original post, I have changed this laptop rating from 4 stars to 5. This laptop has worked perfectly for me. I have since gotten used to the fan and really don't notice it in most environments.

I usually only keep laptops for a little over a year, but I see myself keeping this one longer as I see no reason to upgrade.

Pros:

plenty of options (blu-ray, bluetooth, hdmi, wireless b/g/n, gigabit ethernet, large screen, etc.)

fast (performance)

comfortable

sturdy

reliable

Cons:

Screen brightness could be a little brighter.

Heavy (not a good laptop for traveling)

Since I purchased this laptop, I have had 0 issues! Also, I open and close this laptop daily and it has held up just fine.

I definitely recommend!

My old laptop was getting blue screens and intermittent Internet connections, so I researched my options. I liked the combination of price, size and performance that this Sony offered. I've been using it for two trouble-free months.

I intended to use this computer strictly as a desktop replacement. But the graphics are so good that I'm going to try it for streaming Netflix when I travel. I uninstalled the usual pre-loaded software, turned of the UAC (since I'm the only user), cleaned up the start-up files, and the laptop is operating quickly. I am happy with Windows 7 (with UAC off). The laptop is very quick to find and connect to my home's wireless connection. The 16.4" screen is a nice viewing size. The screen is as tall as my 5-year 15.5" laptop but wider. There's enough memory to let automatic updates, backups and scans occur.

I recommend placing the laptop on a riser or fan, because it runs quite warm. I use it at a desk on electric power with the battery out.

Buy Sony Vaio VGN-FW590F3B 16.4" 4GB BluRay Burner Laptop Now

I bought this laptop mainly for bluray player (and burner), a discrete ATI graphic card (for multimedia) and large screen (to do work) at a good price. I thought about getting the ASUS 17 inch A1 laptop for gaming but decided not to since I already have a high performance gaming desktop. plus the ASUS costs twice this laptop. Received this Sony laptop for 1 week, first set up wireless, then downloaded and updated all windows 7 patches (>50) and VAIO patches. Bluray movies (Valkyrie, Life series) are beautiful. Browsing internet, applications are speedy. This laptop's Core Duo 2.2 GHz, 4 Gb DD2 RAM is fast enough for common apps. you don't really need new i7 CPU, DD3 RAM unless for heavy apps such hi def video editing, etc. Then I installed Call of Duty 2, and 4, and racing game GTR 2 to try out. All played smoothly (probably >40-50 fps) at max resolution for this laptop 1600x900, with 4x antialiasing, medium settings. this is surprisingly pleasant being able to play these games as this graphic card ATI is not really for gaming. Gaming laptops with mobile graphic cards ATI 5870, Nvidia 360M are much more expensive > $1500.

Pros:

1. Good price for the features: Bluray, discrete graphic, large screen with good resolution, 7200 RPM HDD (vs. 5400 RPM in most standard laptops)

2. Mainly for multimedia but surprisingly good for gaming, at least those games I tried (new demanding games probably need better hardware)

Cons:

1. battery life is not long, about 2.5 hours using wireless. but it's expected due to standard battery capacity, large screen, discrete graphic (integrated graphic uses less power)

2. Screen is good and bright enough but I don't think it's LED backlit (not listed in the features), which is available in most current laptops

Read Best Reviews of Sony Vaio VGN-FW590F3B 16.4" 4GB BluRay Burner Laptop Here

I've been using my Vaio FW 590FEB every day for over a year now. This is truly a very high quality product and is more than the sum of it's parts. Here are a few reasons why:

1. I've used HP, Dells and now this Vaio for my office. In terms of build quality the Vaio is head and shoulders above any Dell or HP I've owned. This laptop is solid!

2. My version has a 1080p screen with a Blu Ray drive. Along with the Nvidia GPU with 1GB dedicated video memory the FW is a potent multimedia lap top.

3. The inbuilt speakers are much better than the Dells and HPs I've owned and you can actually use it to watch a movie or listen to Pandora without carrying external speakers.

In terms of performance, the notebook is pretty fast (it has a decent 2.53 Ghz dual core CPU) and mine came with 4GB RAM which is more than sufficient to handle all sorts of regular productivity apps.

IF there is one weakness it has to be the battery. At around 2.5 hours I believe it is on the short side. However, compared to Dells and HP it is par for the course. I'd have preferred it to be around 4-6 hours.

The laptop can run hot, but since it uses a dual core processor it is much cooler than the more recent laptops of this size that can run much hotter.

Overall, this is a great laptop with fantastic build quality. Based on my experience with this Vaio my next laptop will also most likely be a Vaio!

Want Sony Vaio VGN-FW590F3B 16.4" 4GB BluRay Burner Laptop Discount?

I searched for a while for that perfect laptop for what I need and I believe I've found it in this Sony. It doesn't come w/ too many add-ons which is great. Photoshop and Cool Edit work great on it as well as iTunes. The DVD Blu-Ray is a great option and looks dynamite on the screen. It's even cooler when you hook it up to a HDTV.

It is light-weight and looks tough and has so far stood up to a lot of use and movement. The placement of some of the side ports are a little irritating. But I think that all depends on how you're going to use them.

Btw, I ordered this computer on a MON afternoon and it was in my hands the next day. Super-speedy delivery!

0 comments:

Post a Comment