Lenovo U310 13.3-Inch Ultrabook

Lenovo U310 13.3-Inch UltrabookI just received my laptop. I looks just as it does in the picture. It is as beautifully petite and light weight as described. I am running windows 8 on this pc right now and though it takes a little getting used to, I love it. I just had a full charge and I'm waiting to see how long it lasts -I wonder if it will reach that 6 hour average.

A couple of things that I had to remind myself about...

1. windows 8 and google chrome are not really good together in my opinion. Windows promotes all the Microsoft products first of course. Internet explorer actually functions better with this interface.

2. this device doesn't have the optical drive therefore my old Microsoft office 7 cd cannot be installed yet, I'm looking for other solutions

3. the camera is not that great in dim lighting, I will explore how well it works outside tomorrow

4. the keyboard is great its is small enough for my small hands and allows me to type perfectly on here.

SO far soo good! I am enjoying this new product! It is a great buy for someone like me who was on a tight budget and needed an extra portable laptop to take to class daily. ( I Just sold my Toshiba satellite Ls500, it weighed 6 pounds).

The battery life is not what I expected, It requieres to be charged every 3 hours. It doesn't worth what I have paid. Elena

Buy Lenovo U310 13.3-Inch Ultrabook Now

Overall, I like the size of the computer, and when it actually works I like it.

Now for the bad parts. I really dislike Windows 8. I feel as though it is made for a touch screen computer only and is very clunky and non intuitive. I also have had a few other numerous problems with this computer. One being the wireless capability. My phone, my wife's phone, and my old computer all connect to the wireless network with no problem. This computer goes in and out all the time, and when you are working "via the cloud" on things for work losing a connection every few minutes can be maddening. Also, perhaps most frustrating is that when the computer goes to sleep, or hibernates, or you close the lid, it will not restart to where I left off. I am simply left with a blank screen. I have called tech support on this issue numerous times and am given a ticket number. Every time I call, they adjust the power settings and tell me to call back if it recurs. I have called back again and again and have literally had this issue since I got the computer.

I was eventually referred to their "premium software support" team and was told that it might be a problem with their preinstalled software, and they could fix it but I would be charged. My argument was that if I was shipped a product that did not work, they should be responsible for fixing it. They did not see it that way.

I ended up contacting Amazon to complain about Lenovo's terrible customer support and my experience and they immediately offered to refund my money and take the computer as a return with no questions asked.

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo U310 13.3-Inch Ultrabook Here

I was looking for an economical well featured lightweight laptop and onstensibly, this unit fills the bill.

It's quirky sometimes and locks up or reflects send/receive errors on Outlook but frankly, it's tough to know whether to ascribe those frustating deficiencies to the machine itself or the demons that befall a non-touchscreen version of the much maligned Windows 8.

I've added "Start8" to make it feel more like Windows7, but clearly, this is a WIN8 machine with a minor disguise.

Otherwise, it's fine -battery life is acceptable, weight is a bit heavy compared to other ultrabooks, but at the low end of the pricepoint, it's tolerable for travel.

I suppose reasonable minds would ascribe my challenges to the user(me)or Windows 8 . . not the machine itselfbut at this point, it's not what I would prefer . . but have to accept.

Want Lenovo U310 13.3-Inch Ultrabook Discount?

Like the ultrabook but jury is still out on windows 8. Consider touch screen for windows 8. Overall for the price this is an excellent laptop.

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment