HP ENVY DV6-7214NR i7-3630QM 2.4GHz 15.6" Gaming Laptop

HP ENVY DV6-7214NR i7-3630QM 2.4GHz 15.6' Gaming LaptopI have owned the 7214 for three weeks. It is quick and has top-of-the-line features. Including the latest Intel Ivy Bridge I7 3630QM chips. The biggest problem is using W8. A hybrid piece of software that ruins the computer desktop and is a half-ass tablet. However, leave it to American ingenuity to develop an add-on that transforms the W8 experience. Search for START 8, download for $5. It enables the 7214 to bypass W8 tile menu and brings up a Windows 7 desktop. Now W8 is workable. The official Start Menu/Tiles is worthless for the PC user since it does nothing of value. The apps have limited functionality, not even a navigation/tools menu at the top. Buy this powerful laptop, but also get Start 8.

I have owned this computer for over a month and i have had no problems running any programs. If you're looking to buy this computer for gaming it is a fairly good choice, the GT650M plays most games at high settings(Tested Far Cry 3 at high and got around 45-50fps). As for windows 8, it can be a little annoying until you learn the work arounds. two things i found that help are downloading START 8 and adding some hotkeys to quicken things up. I could not be happier with this computer in terms of looks, weight, and features. One thing that seems trivial, but is actually really nice for people like me who always lock their computer when they leave it. Is the fingerprint scanner, instead of typing in my usual 12-15 letter password i just slide my finger across the scanner and it reads it and lets me in.

What was my final reason for going with this computer over the others i was looking at was the screen. Damn am i glad i shelled out the extra $150 dollars for the 1080p screen, it looks absolutely amazing, no glare, and rich colors.

The only thing i was slightly disappointed with on this computer was the mouse pad, more specifically, it's button. The left click has no resistance in it and the right one does. it gets kind of annoying.

Overall i highly recommend this computer to anyone who wants a good looking, high-quality, and powerful computer that they can carry around with them.

Buy HP ENVY DV6-7214NR i7-3630QM 2.4GHz 15.6" Gaming Laptop Now

I received this laptop yesterday and am very happy with the performance. Everything meets or exceeds my expectations prior to getting it. The screen and keyboard meet my standards. Also, Windows 8 takes some getting used to, but after 15 minutes use, I like it better than Windows 7, although you still have the Windows 7 layout as an option. I would recommend this computer to any gamer, businessman, student, or just an everyday user. Overall, it's a great performing laptop.

Read Best Reviews of HP ENVY DV6-7214NR i7-3630QM 2.4GHz 15.6" Gaming Laptop Here

I purchased this for my girlfriend. She uses it mostly for surfing the web and light gaming but she occasionally plays starcraft 2 and the laptop runs it fine as long as its plugged in. For the price this thing is an absolute beast. Beautiful 1080p screen and blazing fast processor. The gt 650m is not going to play the newest high end games at maxed out settings but for the price you will get medium setting at 1080p resolution with smooth fps. The only cons are the heat where you lay your palm when typing get hot when gaming. Its noticible but not uncomfortable. Overall i highly recommend this for the price.

Want HP ENVY DV6-7214NR i7-3630QM 2.4GHz 15.6" Gaming Laptop Discount?

I really love this laptop. It has great hardware, which is the reason I bought it. It has a powerful processor, great graphics card, blu ray player, and a full HD 1080p screen. I don't give it five stars because of the build quality. I have had to order three separate laptops from Amazon because of problems with the laptop.

First was the keyboard, which wasn't installed properly and was kind of popping out of the laptop. I tried popping it back in, but ended up just ordering a replacement from Amazon to be safe. Then with the other laptop there was some backlight bleeding on the screen. When watching a dark movie or when on a dark screen there was some light emitting from the bottom of the screen, bleeding through from the backlight. Maybe not that big of a deal for most people, but if I am paying $1000 for a laptop I want it to be pretty much perfect. It's not the seller's fault, since the laptops are sealed new and they are not able to check them before selling them.

So, now I'm on my third laptop. Hopefully I don't discover anymore problems with it. Like I said, I love the components in the laptop itself, but the people putting them together don't seem to try too hard to make it perfect.

You can now get this laptop a little cheaper on HP's website with coupons than you can on Amazon right now (7/1/13), due to the fact that 4th generation processors will be put in HP's laptops soon so they are trying to get rid of last years models.

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment