Acer Aspire AS7739G-6676 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black)

Acer Aspire AS7739G-6676 17.3-Inch LaptopI use this computer as a cheap gaming computer, and it works well. It is capable of running new games with some of the highest settings. It is one of the cheapest laptops that I could find that had a good graphics card and processor. The large screen size is also great for playing games.

Overall this is a great computer, there are just a few problems that I have with it. The computer battery only lasts about 30 minuets when playing games on it. Transporting the computer makes me a little nervous because the lid does not latch down when it is closed. All of the USB ports are located on either side of the computer instead of being located on the rear, so my USB things are always sticking out of the computer and getting in the way. I love the full keypad and number pad, however, there are no lights to indicate when caps lock or number lock are on.

I gave this computer a 5 even with these "problems" because I realize that these things are more of a personal preference, and do not impact the functionality of the computer.

I love this laptop, works beautifully. It was recommended to me by a friend helping me with my selection. Great deal i think for the money, the people that have seen it can't believe how reasonable it was. Nice size screen in an age where laptops are shrinking, I think this one is Great. I would highly recommend this product.

Buy Acer Aspire AS7739G-6676 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

The Good: The screen looks great, and the speakers do the job. Even before uninstalling the bloatware, it boots very quickly. Programs load immediately and there's no slowdown when multitasking. It stays cool during normal use, and only heats up when it switches from the integrated GPU to the dedicated graphics card.

Speaking of which, this laptop performs shockingly well running games. I've been able to run all of the following at medium settings or better: Skyrim, Star Wars TOR, Fallout NV, Legend of Grimrock, Civilization 5, World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, Mass Effect 3, and Diablo 3 (beta). Rift sputters a little on medium settings, and I didn't bother installing Witcher 2. NVidia does not have a driver available for the GeForce 610m yet, but the driver that comes preinstalled works just fine.

The Bad: Battery life is crazy short, and the keyboard behaves strangely when starting up certain keys just don't register when entering my Windows password. After entering the password (repeated key-presses eventually work) and starting up Windows, everything works normally. Weird, but tolerable once I figured out a workaround the "dead" keys are the same every time, so I set a password that doesn't use any of them.

Overall: Great computer for the money. A couple of quirks, but all forgivable at the sub $600 price point. I purchased it as a second computer, but it's going to end up replacing my desktop.

Read Best Reviews of Acer Aspire AS7739G-6676 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

I purchased this computer on Amazon about a week ago, and I love it. I like the big screen and full keyboard with number pad. I've had no problems with overheating or lagging playing games for several hours at a time. I am extremely happy with my purchase, plus no tax and free shipping, can't beat that!

Want Acer Aspire AS7739G-6676 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

Bought this for a work computer, works as advertised, my only complaint would be it has no hard drive light on the unit. I'm the type that likes to know when the hard drive is being used. But other then that, this is a nice computer system that works well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment