Toshiba 15.6" Satellite A665-S5170 Intel Core i3 Laptop 4GB Notebook 640GB Computer

Toshiba 15.6' Satellite A665-S5170 Intel Core i3 Laptop 4GB Notebook 640GB ComputerI too purchased this laptop from BB in February 2011..

Everything started to become very buggy with this laptop after 6 months of use. Last night, I received a HDD/SMART failure message,Its game over for your HDD once that happens, it can not be repaired, the only option is to buy a new HDD. I decided against that, and purchased a new laptop (not a Toshiba) because quite frankly, I am not impressed with this crap computer. It looks very cheap, the keys became loose after a few months also.

I don't know about you..but i find it very odd..that 3 people all purchased the same model..from the same company..in the same month .and we are ALL having major problems..

This is my last and final toshiba. It has been nothing but trouble. Turning it on to Windows usually results in going directly to BIOS. Then play around to find out what I need to do to open Windows. cannot shutdown or restart without receiving fatal errors. I am now running out to buy an external hard drive because Windows cannot back-up and I now have a warning that my internal harddrive is about to crash and I need to back-up to an external drive. I have done all the fixes Toshiba has put out. Toshiba shows a healthy hard drive....wrong. I have an alert that says:Your HDD has the SMART Predict Failure function which monitors the HDD operating status. Your HDD is experiencing a problem and SMART monitoring software predicts that the HDD will fail. Toshiba strongly recommends you create a back-up for your HDD data. Then contact an authorized service provider in order to check your drive and purchase a new replacement drive if necessary. Apparently a lot of the machines have this problem from the updates or fixes I have been sent. Piece of crap!!!!!!!!!

The crackling/stuttering sound is almost constant. BBuy should be shamed for recommending this when it first came out. I HATE IT.

My tech guy said I'd have to call Toshiba and send it to them for repairs. For a teacher, this is a disaster.

UPDATE:10/21/2011 Sent it back to Toshiba. Had problem taking delivery because Toshiba wanted a signature. The hours of delivery were during my work week. I wasn't going to drive 50 miles round trip to the nearset pick-up facility. Fortunately FEDEX was willing to deliver at night. The computer is working well, but the sound is starting to screech again. Having to download my Microsoft Office, Nuance, iTunes and all the other programs again was a hassle. Now I have to pick thru my files to restore them.

Buy Toshiba 15.6" Satellite A665-S5170 Intel Core i3 Laptop 4GB Notebook 640GB Computer Now

Hello I have had this computer for about three years now and I have noticed several irritating things about this laptop. This can include the annoying overheating and the loss of function in certain keys at random. This has a two star rating because of the ok (but not great processing power and ability to run games). I would recommend not buying this product. Please listen to this review.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba 15.6" Satellite A665-S5170 Intel Core i3 Laptop 4GB Notebook 640GB Computer Here

The first one I bought crashed after not even having it for a month and I had to send it to Toshiba for it be given a new hard drive. Now.. it just shuts off by itself. The power cord doesn't work and the battery is bad. I've had this computer less than three years and it is CRAP! Worse spend money ever.

Want Toshiba 15.6" Satellite A665-S5170 Intel Core i3 Laptop 4GB Notebook 640GB Computer Discount?

I too bought my A665-S5170 in February of 2011my laptop is now 44 days out of warrantyI got it from BestBuy which of course they just wash there hands of the whole Hard Drive crashingmy issues also started in December as wellI took it to an independant repair shopfor about $200.00 I'm having a new hard drive installed :(

I will never buy another Toshiba again !!! Ever! Not to mention their customer service must be off shore, can't understand any of them. I currently have a case open, but of course they aren't open on weekends-How convenient :(

When I purchase another laptop, I will go back to Gateway... great customer service, even if you are out of warranty...

It's pretty sad when a $700.00 laptop doesn't last over 12 months before having issues-

And the star "1" is more than what they deserve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment