Asus - 11.6" Windows 8 Touch-Screen Laptop - Q200E-BSI3T08 - 3rd Gen Intel® CoreTM i3-3217U proces

Asus - 11.6' Windows 8 Touch-Screen Laptop - Q200E-BSI3T08 - 3rd Gen Intel® CoreTM i3-3217U processor - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Steel Gray HairlineSo my ASUS netbook which I absolutely loved and took everywhere with me died. The latest selection of netbooks didn't excite me so I decided to upgrade to this model. The price is what sold me initially; the touchscreen seemed like a silly thing that I wouldn't use much. But after a day of using this side by side with an older laptop I was restoring, I was convinced. I now find myself touching the screens of all my computers. It's definitely the only way to use Windows 8.

I use this for home finance, web surfing, some word processing and a little video, photo and sound editing. The keys are a little small and take some getting used to. I am a touch typist and find the small keys a little annoying. Also the case edges are sharp and since the base is a bit wider than my old netbook It slips around a bit more on my lap. And the built-in battery does concern me; I hope when the time comes that replacing it won't be difficult.

Sound is acceptable I watch Netflix while working in the kitchen and it's loud enough (much better than my netbook). The unit has 3 USB ports, SD slot and HDMI port. I have used this to stream videos to my projector and quality is excellent.

Battery life is long enough for my use; surfing and watching occasional video at home. It's made a couple of plane trips and I've managed enough battery to watch movies. It's so small and thin that I take it everywhere. And the AC adapter is not much larger than my phone charger very convenient.

If I were doing serious typing I might hook up an external keyboard but for what I do it's perfect. Also due to constant touching the screen shows smudges but that's not the fault of the design clean your hands or use a stylus if that bugs you!

The touchpad was very jumpy at first but a Windows update seems to have taken care of that.

I seem to be one of the few people who paid $499 for this at Best Buy (it's been $449 pretty much since Christmas). You won't find a touchscreen system that can come close for the price.

I just got my computer a few hours ago, but I already love it. The size and weight is perfect for who is looking for a portable device, but not uncomfortable. And the sound in this computer is fascinating, I was surprised!!

Buy Asus - 11.6" Windows 8 Touch-Screen Laptop - Q200E-BSI3T08 - 3rd Gen Intel® CoreTM i3-3217U proces Now

I bought this product on April 24 2013 in Cambridge, MA and came back to Brazil a couple days later. One month after the purchase, several keys quit working. I could write only words with no M, L, P, N or SPACE.

Costumer service in Brazil told me warranty does not work outside USA. Repair is more expensive than a new computer. I'll buy a new one, but NEVER ASUS ANYMORE

Read Best Reviews of Asus - 11.6" Windows 8 Touch-Screen Laptop - Q200E-BSI3T08 - 3rd Gen Intel® CoreTM i3-3217U proces Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment