Toshiba Satellite U845-S404 14.0-Inch Ultrabook (Sky Silver)

Toshiba Satellite U845-S404 14.0-Inch UltrabookAt first I loved it. 3 whole weeks of computer bliss before the first pixel went. Then a while line of pixels. I called them and they said it was definitely under warranty and to send it to the Toshiba repair center. They told me to back it up when I turned it on to do that the screen looked even worse! It was basically a crappy screen death spiral. After 3 weeks of thinking about it they said it was not under warranty and I would have to pay them $600 to fix it. After 7 hours on the phone with them I called Amazon. The AMAZING people at Amazon took it back!! Toshiba almost cost me the Toshiba refund because even when I asked for them to return it to me broken so that I could return it to Amazon, they lied about when they shipped it, lied about the shipping method. It took 3 weeks to be returned. This was my 3rd Toshiba and probably 10th that I have participated in the purchase of / recommended (parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles)... it was also my LAST. Lessons learned: only buy computers from Amazon; never buy Toshiba.

Do not buy Toshiba. Screen just all of a sudden cracked. Bought from Best Buy and they refused to even look at it because they said Toshiba was the only company that would not accept them sending it. Toshiba wanted to deal directly with the customer. Toshiba won't replace or fix even though it was within warranty. Spent a LOT of time on the phone trying to get them to fix my computer and they said the warranty does not cover a cracked screen no matter what. Horrible computer, even worse customer service.

See link for others who have had the same problem:

Buy Toshiba Satellite U845-S404 14.0-Inch Ultrabook (Sky Silver) Now

I have owned many Toshiba laptops...the one I have now is only 2 years old and won't start anymore. I checked Toshiba Forums and many others have the same problem. Toshiba wants $119 to diagnose it and $354 to fix the motherboard. At that point, I would just buy another laptop...of course never a Toshiba again. Trust me...stay away from this brand.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite U845-S404 14.0-Inch Ultrabook (Sky Silver) Here

Purchased from Amazon July 2012. Enjoyed Traveling with computer light weight and good battery life. Miss the numeric key pad and the mouse pad buttons do not work if you are touching the other mouse pad button. Only surprise was the slow ethernet port. 100 speed is ok, but seems like it should be 1000 speed.

Want Toshiba Satellite U845-S404 14.0-Inch Ultrabook (Sky Silver) Discount?

Great computer fast works good light weight afforadable. My Third Toshiba and I love this one more than the last. They keep getting better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment