Samsung Series 3 NP300V5A-A0EUS 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

Samsung Series 3 NP300V5A-A0EUS 15.6-Inch LaptopI recently purchased this laptop mainly for college use and some little gaming. This is my third laptop I've owned, and overall I'm very pleased with it (my others being an HP dv6t and Sony VAIO E-series).

Pros:

Very sleek and modern

High quality island-style keyboard (My Sony VAIO felt VERY cheap)

Fast 2nd Gen. Intel Core i5 processor

6GB of RAM (rare for this price point)

Feels very light for a 15.6"

Not a lot of bloatware compared to my previous HP & VAIO laptops

Non-glossy LED screen

Cons:

The back of the screen is actually plastic, not brushed aluminum

Sound is good, but not loud in max volume

No light on the Caps, Number, and Scroll Lock buttons (it actually displays it on the screen)

The zero on the number pad is small (I'm used to using my thumb for hitting zero)

No USB 3.0 ports

Intel HD 3000 graphics (Then again, I'm not a hardcore gamer)

A bit difficult to stick something to a USB port

Overall, for $650, I'm very happy with the purchase I made, and it's a lot better than my previous laptops.

After receiving my laptop in record time..2 days after my order, I was excited to open it up and test it out. After going through the initial setup, and finally on the desktop page, my screen started filling in with a dark gray color from the bottom to the top. Slowly started getting higher and higher... until I could no longer see the lower third of the page. Went right to Samsung tech support, where the techs had me do a basic restore.. which did not fix the problem, then contacted tech support again, where I was told to do a complete restore to fix the problem. I was told this would uninstall and reinstall the video drivers. Still didn't fix it. At this time I started seeing a pink line at the bottom of the screen also, and i'm getting fed up. Third and final chat with tech ended in "you must return the laptop for service under warranty". YEAH RIGHT... it was less than an hour old and you want to service it! NO WAY.... NOT HAPPENING! sooo Amazing Amazon to the rescue. (I should mention here that I absolutely love buying things on Amazon for many reasons, including this) I contacted Amazon who was soo helpful in processing the return of the defective one, and shipping a replacement before the old one was even sent back. Now, I can say that the little amount of time I did "use" the computer, it seemed very nice. Nice crisp clicks on the keys, a very nice large trackpad, lightweight, nice design, very fast, but what good is all that when the darn thing didn't work right. Even so, I decided to give Samsung one more try when the replacement shows up. Maybe I received a lemon, but it's the first Samsung product I have purchased, and I'll try once more before I go back to Toshiba or Dell. Will update this after some time with the new one.

UPDATE***

Received a new laptop which has so far run without a hitch. After deleting all the bloatware, it is lightning fast for my needs. Still like the physical features of this thing, great keys, touchpad, display, lightweight, nice design.

Buy Samsung Series 3 NP300V5A-A0EUS 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

Bought this laptop about 3 months back and have been using it everyday at home. It is a nice laptop and has not given me any issues. Starts and shuts down real fast. Not giving it a 5 star because I think the touchpad could have been more responsive. The earlier Compaq laptop I had had an amazing touchpad and this really pales compared to that.Also the side scrolling on the touchpad is not present. I had to download a third part software to put that feature in this. Was not a big deal for me but someone who is not tech experienced might have difficulty. Rest other things are pretty decent. I bought it from Amazon in the $530 range which is way less than the current ~ $660 range. I did not see any deal breakers in this laptop.

Read Best Reviews of Samsung Series 3 NP300V5A-A0EUS 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

Purchased this item on amazon through J & R Computer World. Wow, the reason that they don't mention the finish is that it is brushed black plastic, and it just screams CHEAP. I returned it to J & R and upgraded to the ultra book which is much better. The NP300v5a looked like a black plastic brick.

Want Samsung Series 3 NP300V5A-A0EUS 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment