Toshiba Satellite C655-S5123 15.6-Inch Notebook PC

Toshiba Satellite C655-S5123 15.6-Inch Notebook PCI have owned three Toshiba laptops since I was in high school (I am wayyy out of college now) and never had any real problems with any of them that were not my own fault.

This laptop is no different, after my boyfriend bashed on my other Toshiba satellite we decided to buy a new one instead of paying to repair a 3 yr old laptop.

Compared to his MacBook this one looks pretty much the same. Compared to my last Satellite this one has much much better battery life! About 5 hours per full charge. Did not come with any of the extra junk that usually comes preloaded on a computer.

I think people really need to realize that they are getting a whole computer for under $400! I mean COME ON PEOPLE this is not some MacBook Pro or a $2,000 Sony Vaio or something, geez. If you just want to do some light web browsing and some word documents etc. this one should fit the bill. If you are buying a $400 laptop and expect to be playing online games or something maybe you should be using the word document on your Toshiba to type up a resume and find a better job so you can buy yourself a good "gaming laptop". haha.

This seems to be a good computer for the price. It was the cheapest one I could find for what it offered and, since it was a replacement for a 15-year-old who dropped her last one, I wasn't about to put out a lot of money.

The only thing I don't like about it is that there is a glitch involving when the machine powers itself down. It happened the very first time she had it on. The battery wasn't fully charged when she first turned it on and she didn't notice when it got low. It shut itself down and when she plugged it in and turned it back on the speakers didn't work. Headphones would work but no sound would come out of the speakers. I tried everything. Restarting, reinstalling the driver, Windows system restore. Nothing worked.

I did some research and discovered that this is a problem with not only this model but some of the other Toshibas as well. Once I learned what the problem was and followed the directions given by those who had the problem before me it was a super-easy fix. All you do is turn off the computer, unplug it, remove the battery for 10 minutes, put it all back together and turn it on. When it turns back on it will have reset itself and the speakers will work properly.

I don't understand why this happens but now that I know how to fix it (and how to avoid it) I would still recommend this computer. It is a good computer in all other regards.

Buy Toshiba Satellite C655-S5123 15.6-Inch Notebook PC Now

When I read the other reviews, I was VERY hesitant to buy this computer, but I did anyway, because I wanted the larger screen size. I am VERY HAPPY with this computer, it's looks and it's performance. I have only had it for 3 months so far, but I know I would know by now if there was a problem. I guess it just comes down to "one man's floor, is another man's ceiling".

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite C655-S5123 15.6-Inch Notebook PC Here

Price was right...worked great for 6 months...until the hard drive FAILED. Fortunately still under warranty. Took an entire day on the phone and weeks to get it repaired. Don't be tempted by the low price. You get what you pay for...

Want Toshiba Satellite C655-S5123 15.6-Inch Notebook PC Discount?

Loved by toshiba from September up until a couple days ago when it suddenly died. Both the motherboard and hard drive were fried. I have no idea how, as I mainly use my laptop for surfing and streaming shows on hulu. Very annoyed, not under warranty...grrrrr. So upset, now I am out of a laptop. KEEP AWAY!!! I read the reviews and didn't believe it would happen to me, and it did. Don't even bother with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment