Dell Inspiron 15R 15.6" Core i5 1TB HDD Notebook

Dell Inspiron 15R 15.6' Core i5 1TB HDD NotebookI don't know what happened to the other person but I ordered this recently and it came 2 days later, which is really fast. Everything was in the box and the laptop is awesome. Great webcam, lots of storage, and it's dell, which is a good brand. Cheap price for an amazing laptop. You won't find this deal anywhere else that's for sure.

I bought it from other place on BF. I5, 8GB and 1TB for cheap price. No complain. I love it.

Buy Dell Inspiron 15R 15.6" Core i5 1TB HDD Notebook Now

I found myself with a dilemma, I needed a new laptop for work, and I wanted to go with a higher end processor, either i5 or i7. However, all the laptops I found in the retail stores were now with windows 8. I could understand going with windows 8 if I was buying a touch screen or a tablet, but what is the point with a non touch screen. Also, I must add that a few years ago I went with the 'brand new' windows vista rather than the still very capable xp, and it was a disaster. We still have a few (outdated of course) cursed vista computers at work. I then thought to try and see if Amazon still had some win 7 computers for sale, and sure enough, they did.

This laptop is very simplistic and adequate, runs beautifully and has not given me any issues yet. The i5 processor chews through anything with ease. I do not play high end games so I cannot comment on how it handles gaming. Extremely quiet. I can't hear the fan at all when it runs. My previous HP laptop sounded like an airplane preparing for takeoff. The 1TB hard drive is very large, I don't see myself filling it in my lifetime.

there were a few concerns I had buying this. First, I usually like to buy purchases like this locally, for ease of returns, etc. I must say my unease for future purchases like this is much less. Computer arrived in 2 days and runs like a dream. Secondly, I had not had a Dell before, but the price was good for the hardware. So far so good, definitely not inferior to the several HP computers I have had in the last few years, and much better than the Toshiba and Compaq laptops I had in the past. Third, reviews mentioned it was heavy. I will say it is much lighter than my last laptop, and just a bit heavier than my wife's HP laptop. Not at all an issue. I think it actually makes it feel a bit sturdier.

Battery life is great. can watch a couple of movies with it being unplugged

Read Best Reviews of Dell Inspiron 15R 15.6" Core i5 1TB HDD Notebook Here

I got this from some other store (TD). Its a full featured 5 star product.

It is indeed 5520 variant, which is latest model of Inspiron 15R series.

I consider myself a more than an average user and so far was dealing with my more than 5 year old Inspiron 1720 at home, and I was left to remote desktop to work machine for cpu/memory intensive tasks. With this one i don't have to, it handles graphics really well specially 1080P videos on youtube looks much better in glossy HD screen. Battery is good for my use. I would recommend to use battery till 10% charge to increase the battery life. But to be fair I can't be mobile with this laptop. I will use my surface or phone to for that. Overall a good laptop that can keep me going for at least 3 more year.

Want Dell Inspiron 15R 15.6" Core i5 1TB HDD Notebook Discount?

I bought this model laptop Nov 22 2012. It's now December 7, and I still have not been able to use it. Right out of the box, it would not create recovery discs during first time use configuration. I tried many times. I went through 21 DVD's. I had to tHrow them all away, because the computer froze during creation. I ran every Dell check/find/fix/troubleshoot/diagnose application I could find. I eventually restored to factory settings. Same problem. Contacted Dell support. Representative spent a long time trying to resolve issue, including another reset to factory setting. He could not resolve issue. So he sent me a usb drive with recovery files on it. When I got that resolved, I finally completed first time use configuration. Then, next problem. It would not recognize my 3.0 portable usb drive. Back on the phone AGAIN with tech support. After more fruitless hours on the phone, I requested, through a supervisor, a replacement unit. The supervisor refused, saying the problem was with my portable hard drive. I explained to him that the hard drive works perfectly with 5 other computers I have in the house. The Dell supervisor again refused to replace my laptop. I got in my car and took my hard drive to the local Compusa store, where I plugged it in to a comparable Dell laptop. Spun right up, and in 15 seconds it was ready to go. Back on the phone with tech support, where I had to jump through hoops yet again to reach a supervisor. He spent 45 minutes remotely trying to fix it, and finally agreed that my unit was defective and that Dell would send me a replacement. Today I received my replacement unit. First, it came without the required return label to send my defective laptop back to Dell. During initial setup for first use, it asked to configure my email. I provided the correct username and password for my gmail account, but I kept getting error messages that the username and password were incorrect. Went to support chat. Representative connected remotely, tried to fix problem, installed a bunch of unwanted 3rd party software, some of which will not close out and requires me to pay money. This did not resolve the issue, only filled my computer with unwanted crap programs. Then my mouse went to one position and stayed there for many minutes. One hour and a half with chat, and the technician had disconnected! Although he requested a callback number in case we got disconnected (I gave him two), he did not call either one. Remember, this is with my brand new right out of the box replacement for the original brand new right out of the box defective Dell laptop. Tried calling the number the service supervisor who agreed to a replacement had left (800) 624-9896. Had to leave a message. Left message, 5 minutes later I got a call and immediate hang up from that number, on both of the callback numbers I had left on the message at supervisor's extension (4543591). Called back and left another message. No one returned my call. Sent an email through Dell support. They said someone will respond in 4 business days. REALLY? FOUR DAYS?? Bottom line: I have spent hours on end over many days trying simply to configure and use a new Dell laptop with no success and an enormous amount of frustration and dissatisfaction. I have learned my lesson: "DUDE, I'M NOT GETTIN' ANOTHER DELL."

0 comments:

Post a Comment