HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b120us 15.6-Inch Laptop

HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b120us 15.6-Inch LaptopI got this computer so I can do some work on the road. I have an older HP and always liked the design. This new one is very sleek looking and is very fast. Although I agree with the design with the arrow buttons, it isn't a big deal to me because I don't use them that often. The battery life on mine is very good. I can use this laptop for a good 3-4 hours before it needs to be plugged in again. I have taken it out on the road several times and have had to log on to public wi fi with no problems at all. I have been in situations where I couldn't plug it in, and have been able to get all my work done while just sitting having coffee in a fast food place or coffee shop. This is a great lap top for my needs.

This is competitively priced and offers a lot of features in a very thin and easily portable format. I like the full QWERTY keyboard with the calculator stype numeric keypad on the rightside. HP made a good compromise by dropping the internal optical drive to keep the size small.I found the need for an external optical drive only a minor inconvenience as most media and softwares are downloadable. This comes loaded with Windows 8 not everyone's cup of tea

Buy HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b120us 15.6-Inch Laptop Now

When you purchase a computer, you buy a whole package. The tech support is an important part of the package. In my experience, the HP support was a big disappointment.

My new laptop was sleek and beautiful indeed, but the touchpad didn't work. So I googled and read the forum and tried to fix it myself. I reset the machine, re-configured touchpad driver, updated Bios, but nothing worked. Based on my research, it seems the touchpad problem is common (then why didn't HP fix it?).

So I contacted the HP support assistant for help. The first technician (his name is Azhar) closed my case while I was still typing and left me flabbergasted. I still remembered the last sentence I typed was, "Wait, what about the mouse app you just asked me to open?" I lost the chat with the second technician after he (or she) instructed me to restart the laptop. He said he would wait for me for 5-7 minutes and I should come back to continue the chat with him. The restart process took more than 5 minutes. So I lost him. The third technician was nice and told me he would definitely help me to fix the problem. But I lost the communication with him too after a hard reset and problem was still not fixed.

I went through three technicians in three hours. I politely greeted and answered the same questions over and over again. I told them what the previous tech asked me to do and the tasks that were unfinished. Each one of them ignored what I said and asked me to do different things. The first technician didn't even have an idea on how the touchpad supposed to work.

I liked the look and price of the laptop, so I ordered a replacement. The new one arrived in just two days, but the touchpad didn't work either. I knew this is a minor issue and I just needed to do some minor adjustment to get it going. Since the HP support assistant was non-responsive on the replacement. I download the software from HP and got their phone number and called them this time. It took me about 10-15 minutes to finally talk to a real person. He asked me to keep tapping the touchpad on/off switch until it worked. I tried multiple times but it didn't work. Then the reception got terrible and I lost the communication, AGAIN. I have never had a bad reception in my house, but I guess I do if the call was routed to India.

I decided to return the replacement and I will never buy another HP product again due to its poor support.

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b120us 15.6-Inch Laptop Here

I have been looking for a touch screen laptop for a while now. Saw this one and the same day I went and bought it. I am very pleased with it. I wasn't sure if I would like the windows 8 but I actually really enjoy it. It is very easy to understand and use. Especially with the touch screen. The touch screen makes all difference as I don't think I would have liked Windows 8 otherwise. The touch screen and the touch pad both respond really well. This computer is also very fast. From what I have noticed also the sound is also pretty good. Don't really have any complaints about this computer. Possibly the only complaint is that it doesn't have a cd drive but I can always get an external drive so that isn't such a big issue. I would definitely recommend this computer if someone is on a budget and wants a touch screen.

About the keyboard, another reviewer mention he didn't keyboard's enter and arrow keys layout, I disagree. The keys feel and look great. What I like about the arrows keys is the right and left arrow keys are as big as standard size keys. I have another laptop and all the arrow keys are small.

Want HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b120us 15.6-Inch Laptop Discount?

Would Highly recommend getting one of these to my friends. Easy to use and easy to connect. Packaging was very good as well. TWO THUMBS UP! Michael Smith TN

Save 11% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment