ASUS K53E-A1 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Dark Brown)

ASUS K53E-A1 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment LaptopThose of us that build our own PC's know Asus as a top quality brand for hardware components. I purchased this laptop for work/light-duty everyday use. The new i3 processor is more then up to the task and I'm almost willing to bet it's probably a little bit faster and better processing power as my Core 2 Quad that I have in my desktop machine. The chicklet keyboard does take a little to get used to and the the fit and finish for the keyboard garnish could be better where it snaps into the chassis near the top of the computer. The speakers, for being altec lansing are a little lucklaster, but that may be to the fact that they are upwards firing speakers instead of being on-axis with your ears. For most average users to surf the web, check emails, etc., this is probably a good computer to go with to replace a bulky desktop unit and it is spec'ed up enough that one can have a longer service life with it without the hardware going obsolete.

I'm not sure why I bought this laptop but I wish I never had. After owning this for 3 months, most of the keys stopped working on it. I sent it to Asus for warranty repair and got it back 6 weeks later and the spacebar barely works. Wouldn't you think they'd check it out after they replace the keyboard? It cost me $30 to ship this laptop and I refuse to pay another $30 again. I have to pound on the spacebar to get it to work. The spacebar of all keys. And a 6 week turnaround for repair? Never again will I buy an Asus product.

Buy ASUS K53E-A1 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Dark Brown) Now

This was never my first choice of laptop. I would never buy it again but I am having issues deciding on what to replace it with because it still runs. The USB ports barely recognize anything. The mouse pad spontaneously forgot how to do multi-touch. And the on keyboard volume control no longer works. Another issue I have encountered is that the memory is split between a C and D drive. This is highly inconvenient being that the computer does not recognize that it still has space to save things (it thinks that it is full when there is another 250GB in the D drive that was there when purchased) My brother has the same laptop and has had the same problems.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS K53E-A1 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Dark Brown) Here

I'm keeping this short and simple.

I got my laptop on Monday morning. It blue screened that evening. I did nothing out of the ordinary. I just worked on a project on Excel that was due the following morning. Lost it, as the computer would not start back up.

Got the second one Wednesday, and it froze 10 minutes after being turned on. Two bad computers in a row. Sorry, I'm in school, and I need my computer to work for longer than a day.

ASUS will need to do a lot to convince me to buy from them again.

Want ASUS K53E-A1 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Dark Brown) Discount?

I bought this from a local retailer and got the extended warranty. Sure glad I got the warranty because it has issues. It toggles from plug to unplug all the time without touching the cord. It has been back in for replacement of the plug-in part, which worked about 2 weeks and now it is doing the same thing. This past weekend the power cord overheated and the insulation melted off the cord. I smelled it burning and reached down to unplug it and got a little jolt (shock).

0 comments:

Post a Comment