Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH530 15.6" Notebook - Core i5 i5-460M 2.53 GHz

Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH530 15.6' Notebook - Core i5 i5-460M 2.53 GHzI have had the AH530 since December 2010. Not long after I started using this laptop, I began experiencing problem with the laptop shutting down by itself for no apparent reason. I then took note on what happened just before shutting down. I downloaded and ran "Speedfan", and found out that the CPU was getting quite hot (>90C) but the cooling fan was pushing very little cool air out the left side of the laptop. I contacted Fujitsu tech support on-line. I have give credit to tech support which was always available 24/7. It was decided that the laptop needed to go back to Fujitsu for repair and they even sent me a pre-paid Fedex shipping label. Got the laptop back in 10 days but the problem still persisted. So a second call to the always available on-line tech support generated a second RMA for repair. This time the turn around was 7 days including shipping time both ways (Yay!). I checked the laptop again and found the exact problem was still there: it would overheat and shut down in under 20 minutes of idle time. Called tech support again and had to escalate the situation. I was informed Fujitsu did replace the motherboard AND CPU both times. It didn't take long for me and the tech support escalate agent to both realize the problem may be associated with the cooling fan/heat sink. So I have to send the laptop back a third time for repair. It has been 6 days now since I shipped it back and I am waiting for Fujitsu to tell me if they really fix my laptop. Since this is now November 2011, I sure hope the problem gets taken care of before my warranty runs out. BTW, I placed comments on Fujitsu website about their Lifebook AH531 which is similar to my AH530 but Fujitsu would not publish it. Previous Fujitsu laptops that were built in Japan were much more reliable than the current laptops which are made in China.

11/30/2011

Additional comment: Well, I got my laptop back from Fujitsu after about 10 days. They replaced the MB & CPU (again), and the heatsink/cooling fan. This time the laptop works very well, no more overheating, no more shutting down. I finally can use the computer like I wanted to. The i5 processor is quite fast and the display is very sharp with very good contrast. The CPU is running very cool at 39-51C. battery life is very good (almost 4 hours). The only thing bad: the tiny, tinny speakers have very low volume depite being turned-up at max. My work-around is to use external speakers or headphones. Fujitsu always has very responsive tech support online which makes up for the short-coming of their product. I can now recommend buying Fujitsu. BTW, I changed the rating from a 3-star to a 4-star.

I am a college student and have been using this laptop for the last 7 months. The specifications are good and you can definitely run many games and programs on it.

But aside from that there are many technical problems I noticed with this laptop.

The one I've been using is actually the 2nd time I've gotten this laptop. The first, I've returned after 3 days because it would often freeze up to the point of no return (can't even ctrl + alt + del). The second one I got had the same problems, but I decided to keep it. After about a couple months the freezing stop, I'm not sure why. But after one problem dies down, comes another. At around the 5 month -7 month (and counting) mark, it starts to overheat a lot and shuts down your computer. After 1 hour of usage my computer would shut down with no warning at all. It can get annoying if you are working on something that you had not saved. If you use Microsoft word, then you're in luck. But if you're working on other programs then it will not save and you've lost your work.

I would definitely not buy this laptop again, and would take the risk with another one.

Buy Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH530 15.6" Notebook - Core i5 i5-460M 2.53 GHz Now

Bought this as a secondary laptop and with very light usage (4-5 hours per week) I ran into problems. The mouse click button broke after about 5 months then the hard disk crashed a few months later. This is ridiculous given the time I actually used it.

Never a Fujitsu again. Live and learn!

Read Best Reviews of Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH530 15.6" Notebook - Core i5 i5-460M 2.53 GHz Here

I received the computer in wonderful condition. I have been using it for a couple of months and it has performed according to my expectations-it hasn't given me any issues that couldn't easily be resolved. Good seller. Would buy from again.

Want Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH530 15.6" Notebook - Core i5 i5-460M 2.53 GHz Discount?

I purchased the Fujitsu AH530 Notebook in November 2011. The one I purchased has the Intel I5 processor. For the first 8 or 9 months every thing was working like a charm. Occasionally, the screen would freeze up but after 5 or 10 seconds it would unfreeze and all would be well. About a year ago, I the notebook would start unexpectedly shutting off right in the middle of me doing work. Usually, if I had a lot of programs opened or was working with heavy graphics or video it would overheat then shut down. This was pretty frustrating as if I didn't frequently backup my work, would lose whatever I was working on. Last October, I purchased a pretty cheap Belkin laptop chill pad. That did the trick for about 4 or 5 months, then the problem started again. The chill pad/fan stopped rotating as fast as it did when I purchased it so I have to get a new one (this time, one with a little more gusto and not a Belkin).

I have an extended warranty from the place I purchased the notebook so within the next month or so, I'll probably take it in and have them replace the fan in the notebook. At the end of the day, I think Fujitsu just put in a crappy fan in the notebook. Otherwise, the notebook is fine.

Save 44% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment