Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520 1143ADU 15.6" 320GB 4GB

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520 1143ADU 15.6' 320GB 4GBThis laptop is good for everyday use with powerful enough cpu and 4gb memory. Edge is a good model from Lenovo, better than the low end models. At least this is a Thinkpad. For a little more than 500 bucks, I am ok with this model. This can be used for light games but not a real game machine though.

I've been buying Lenovo laptop computers for the past 15 years (back when they were called IBM's)! I specifically buy Lenovo's because their keyboards feel the most natural to me, I learned to "touch type" on an IBM Selectric typewriter in the 1980's, and the keyboards on Lenovo laptops always seem the easiest to type on to me.

The other reason I prefer Lenovo laptops (over all other brands currently on the market) is because they still offer the "TrackPointer" pointing device. It looks like a tiny eraser located between the G & H keys, but what it does is allow us touch-typists to move the mouse/cursor and click the left or right mouse buttons without ever taking our hands off the keyboard. All the other computers on the market require you to use the "track pad" or an external mouse, both of which require taking your hands off the keyboard. So, I'm very glad that Lenovo still offers the "eraser" pointing device, that allows me to type and move the mouse easily!

As for this particular model E520 laptop, I can say that I've owned one for about 6 months now and it works great. Looks more sleek & sexy than earlier Thinkpad laptops I've owned. Has plenty of ports (USB, HDMI, E-Sata, SD Card slot, etc), and the hard drive, RAM, Wireless N, etc all work just fine. Also, I've contacted Lenovo Tech support over the years with various questions, etc and have always found their English-Speaking, Atlanta based tech support to be very good overall. I'm planning to keep this laptop, and will continue to buy Lenovo products as long as their laptops still offer the Trackpoint pointing device!

Buy Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520 1143ADU 15.6" 320GB 4GB Now

Since I received this machine on August 2011, it was sent to repair to a Lenovo authorized dealer 3 times already, on Nov 28th. 2011 they replaced the mother board; on Dec 29th. 2011 they replaced the hard disk; on June 6th 2012 they replaced the motherboard again. The Lenovo warranty expired on Aug. 22th 2012. On Aug. 28th, it had a problem with the hard disk again and I paid to replace it because Lenovo refuses to extend the warranty. Now it is broken again and the problem is with the mother board that needs to be replaced again.

I spend more time fixing this unit than effectively using it. I am very unhappy with this purchase. I never had or heard some saying it was needed to replace a computer motherboard 3 times and hard disk twice in less than 12 months period.

I contacted Lenovo and asked them replace the machine; they claim they cannot because it was bought from a third party dealer and there is not they can do about.

I found other users complaining about the same problem and someone informed that model has a design problem. It has to do with a batch of faulty EEPROM chip used in the Edge series produced at the end of the 2011.

I would like to return this notebook and have the money back or exchange by another one that has the same features, but I have to accept the loss because Lenovo warranty cover only for 12 months period.

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520 1143ADU 15.6" 320GB 4GB Here

Bought this laptop in April 2012, a few months later the laptop would spontaneously shut down after a few minutes of use. After some investigation, I discovered that the fan was shutting off right after BIOS and the laptop was overheating.

Want Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520 1143ADU 15.6" 320GB 4GB Discount?

Fast Reliable really like it!

build quality can be improved.

It works very well had no problems.

Great Laptop for it for $499

0 comments:

Post a Comment