11.6" MacBook Air 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M

11.6' MacBook Air 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320MThe 2010 11" Macbook Air is truly revolutionary. Its amazing that such a tiny computer can be so powerful and useful.

I had a 2009 13" Macbook Pro. Its had a much faster CPU, yet when I timed all the typical activities I do on a computer, the Macbook Air came out on top every time. The reason? The screaming fast SSD makes more of a difference in my usage than the faster CPU.

Overall a great little machine. The display takes some getting used to because its a higher DPI, text ends up smaller. Ends up with lots of information packed into the screen. I've become used to it and like it. Its also handy that Lion has several handy ways to zoom, including option-two finger scroll, and double tap in Safari. Also command + will enlarge text in browsers. Lion also has full screen mode which can help.

At home, I plug into a 28" monitor to get serious work done. For my use the 4GB RAM upgrade was a necessity. It cannot be upgraded later. I went with the 128GB SSD which is the minimum I could live with.

I love that I have a powerful system and huge display when I need it at home, and a tiny ultra-portable that I don't have to worry about taking everywhere with me.

Only downside is the cost. Low entry price but the upgrades really add up.

Whats not to love!? This is a upgraded / maxxed 11" 2010 Macbook Air! Lean, mean, and a good value for the money.

Buy 11.6" MacBook Air 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment