ASUS R Series 15.6" Laptop, AMD AMD E2-1800 Dual Core Processor with ATI HD 7340G, 4GB, 500GB, WiFi

ASUS R Series 15.6' Laptop, AMD AMD E2-1800 Dual Core Processor with ATI HD 7340G, 4GB, 500GB, WiFi+ WebCam + HDMI - Windows 8I bought this laptop for my mother. It arrived within 2 days of my purchase which has given me plenty of time to set it up for her to be able to jump right in for christmas.

The build quality of this laptop is quite nice, the trackpad is more than big enough, the keys and buttons are all responsive and easy to find.

windows 8 is a different beast of an OS, but it feels like a breath of fresh air and a logical extension of the legacy windows platform.

The hardware specs are very nice for a laptop. If you are looking for power gaming, turn away. If you are looking for a portable family computer though, for the price this is a great piece of hardware. 4GB of RAM is adequate, the processor is snappy for being a dual-core, and 500GB of space is more than enough to house music, videos, pictures and apps that will undoubtedly accumulate through use.

For the price of this laptop, it is more than worth the purchase.

I purchased this laptop just to upgrade from my netbook, so I could have something to do homework and travel. I wasn't looking for a desktop replacement; I have a real desktop beast for home use. When I got it home, I did some re-configuring on it, cleaned the the bloatware off, and added a Win7 style shell. I was surprised how fast it was. So I loaded WoW to see if it could run that (I normally only play on desktop). I was able to fly around Orgrimmar on medium graphics settings with little to no lag. For a machine that I paid so little for, I am very impressed.

It is unfortunate that this very capable machine gets poor reviews because the operating system is not as user friendly as its predecessors. I am not an Asus fan boy, but I have never been disappointed by their products.

Buy ASUS R Series 15.6" Laptop, AMD AMD E2-1800 Dual Core Processor with ATI HD 7340G, 4GB, 500GB, WiFi Now

The computer is fine, however it appears that it is Win 8 32 bit not 64bit. Unable to address all the memory in the system. The packaging was a joke, The computer was in it's original box and then placed in a shipping box with NO packaging so it could just slide around during shipping and the shipping box was quite a bit larger; really sloppy work. Win8 is a joke, I wish I could have gotten this with Win7. The first thing I installed was a utility to give me the Win7 start button. Not to much bloatware though. A good basic laptop so I'm pleased but the packaging and Win8 knocked off 2 stars for me. My bad, it is Win8 64, Installed IOBit start 8 and a much better experience, still it's 2 stars off for the packaging.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS R Series 15.6" Laptop, AMD AMD E2-1800 Dual Core Processor with ATI HD 7340G, 4GB, 500GB, WiFi Here

I've had several Asus computers before. I've always loved them. It seems the quality of materials for has gone down significantly since my last purchase a few years ago. The keyboard has poor response, and I often find myself going back to correct missing letters that I have apparently not hit hard enough. The keys also "bubble" up in the center of the top two rows, it's unsightly and they make an obnoxious noise when I have to it them.

Other than those issues, and maybe the fact that Windows 8 is a pain to figure out, I like this computer. It does what I need it to.

Want ASUS R Series 15.6" Laptop, AMD AMD E2-1800 Dual Core Processor with ATI HD 7340G, 4GB, 500GB, WiFi Discount?

just what I needed. not to fancy not to cheap. great buy for the money. delivered fast and healthy. will do it again when ready

Save 25% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment