ASUS U46E 14.1" Core i7 750GB HDD Notebook

ASUS U46E 14.1' Core i7 750GB HDD NotebookI got this little gem from office depot when they were running a special for $599.99 and it is worth every penny. Powerful i7 intel processor with turbo boost gives me the speed I need. The fact it is 14" makes it big enough to be practical to use and light enough to throw in my back pack and go to school with it with relative ease. Good construction and the aluminum finish gives a real sleek look. Have had absolutely NO problems with it and in 100% perfect working order all the time which is more then I can say for its predecessor it replaced from Dell. I highly recommend this model. Do want to point out I dont use this computer for gaming so Im not sure as to how well it can handle extreme graphics use. I have used it to play internet material on my plasma tv and worked great. Also dont use the internal speakers very often so cannot comment if it has the best sound quality. I use this laptop for work and internet surfing and it is fantastic. When at home, I have it hooked up to a docking station which has had no issues and on the go, the keyboard has been fine and the screen as well.

asus has again produced a good product. keys are easy to use, it's features make this laptop good value for money

Buy ASUS U46E 14.1" Core i7 750GB HDD Notebook Now

I agree on it's worthless speakers but then again who uses laptop speakers as their primary speakers???

I got this so we can replace our old Dell and I couldn't be happier. We put the old Dell next to our LED TV and let it serve multimedia.

Although it's plenty quick as is but I recommend upgrading it's HDD to SSD and use http://www.amazon.com/SATA-caddy-12-7mm-Universal-DVD-ROM/dp/B0056EW4A4/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_y so you can get speed + space in one package. Don't forget to buy http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00274HQY0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3HDZ91DLL5YJC so you can use your DVD-ROM as portable DVD-ROM so nothing will go to waste.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS U46E 14.1" Core i7 750GB HDD Notebook Here

I was impressed with the performance of this Asus. It has so many good things about it, like the battery life, processor, and size, but there are just a few small details that really hurt this laptop for me.

For one, the speakers are terrible. I like to listen to music while I do most anything on my laptop. If it isn't music, then netflix is playing. The speakers are situated on the end closest to the user. On the right side only. The tiny speakers are crammed into one end under the dominate hand of most users. So my wrist muffles the sound and it all sounds like it's playing from inside a tin can.

My other small complaints deal with the trackpad and mouse buttons. The buttons are a little difficult to click and the pad has a bit too much friction.

There are all very small things that the average user won't mind. If you are looking for a powerful, reliable laptop, this isn't a bad one. But if you want all of that and good speakers, don't bother with this unless you buy some speakers.

On the plus side, there is little bloatware preinstalled and the battery life clocks in at about 7 hours with a full charge.

But I was very disappointed by the speakers, and am now considering taking back the laptop, which is both unfortunate and sad. I don't know why Asus would make this nice machine and neglect to put some halfway decent speakers into it. At least put them on both sides of the machine!!

Want ASUS U46E 14.1" Core i7 750GB HDD Notebook Discount?

I have owned this laptop for almost exactly a year. I snagged the display model from Office Depot for just $529.99. I see it is now on Ebay for $500. Definitely worth the price for such powerful hardware. Great price for an i7 and 8Gbs RAM. That said, I am getting ready to use my warranty to claim the laptop and expect I will be sent a check rather than a fixed computer. The stock speakers are terrible, practically unusable, and my headphone jack has broken. I am without audio, so I'm sending it in. Would buy again though, great deal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment