Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5230 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5230 15.6-Inch LaptopI bought this laptop based on the previous reviewer's comments, thinking that I may have found a decently priced laptop great for my needs. I took advantage of buying the computer at a local Brandsmart at a cheaper price(hint hint) than Amazon prices. It's light weight, large screen, and the keyboard is very easy to handle.

My concerns after using my laptop for the past week:

1. The computer runs pretty slow for typical web browsing sites; I was very surprised by this because this is a brand new laptop and shouldn't have this issue as though it was infected with a virus that will slow down the processor.

2. There isn't a notification that warns of low battery life before shutting down in the middle of my work. I checked the settings and it is set to show a warning but for some reason doesn't show up at all.

3. The battery life isn't that impressive. I've had other laptops that I've used off and on, shutting it down when not in use, and this laptop doesn't seem to last more than a few hours of minimal use.

For the price, it's okay. But I am disappointed with the speed and battery life.

Purchased as a general purpose home computer for myself (53) and spouse. Never purchased computer online or through Amazon before this. Took the chance and am I glad I did. Very happy with this Toshiba. Built in wifi works better than expected. First couple of weeks I was using it kept waiting to find something on this Toshiba that I did not like. Nothing, no unexpected negative surprises or issues. Give both Toshiba and Amazon very High Scores. Thanks to both, just made my life better, faster, and happier.

Buy Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5230 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

It is probably just my luck. Right out of the box, the box seal was broken( this maybe Amazon's fault) so it may have been returned previously. Then the user agreement has another seal, has a bunch of abusive terms, giving Toshiba access to your computer. It says that if you do not agree you shouldn't break the seal and should return the item. I wish they said that in item description. Being a Christmas present for my kid, this could have been a disaster. I agreed to the abuse. Then, I found I am the lucky owner of a free Windows 8 upgrade that I did not want( description says win 7).The reason I returned same day was the fact that the item was defectivetracking pad started freezing. Shipped right back( Amazon's returns are amazing, pick up scheduled at home). Thank you Toshiba for getting my kid a new Dell. He loves it!

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5230 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

I can't believe no one has mentioned the awful speakers! Sounds come through like from a tin can. Trying to do make any music buys on Amazon or iTunes is impossible because of pounding headache caused by playing even a preview. Toshiba tech support tried to help but determined the speakers are just what was put on the computer. Older Toshiba Sat speakers were fine, these are crap.

Want Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5230 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

As a retired computer software engineer, I have purchased a Toshiba higher priced laptop. A few months after the one year warranty expired their own Toshiba brand hard drive failed. I had to replace that at my cost. Fortunately I maintain good backups. Toshiba will not support anything past 12 months.

Later I discovered that the Bluetooth function was non-existent although the invoice indicated it was to include LAN and Bluetooth. I conversed with Toshiba for about two weeks requesting that they credit me a small amount or provide me with a Bluetooth adapter which they manufacture (their cost about $12). They passed me back and forth between warranty service and their sales department never once offering any solution other than stating it wasn't their problem. Their powerless support people seem to all be in the Philippines but their dozens of case managers seem to do nothing but make recordings of their customers problems for their legal department. Their solution is to deny deny deny. Avoid Toshiba products.

You will not be dealing with Amazon once you own a Toshiba unit. Avoid Toshiba as you would a plague. They have a customer service department that operates like a brick wall. They stonewall everything. Avoid Toshiba. My advice. There are many other brands to purchase. I read the complaints on the so-called BBB site (kind of a scam I believe operated by businesses for their own benefit) and was amazed to see all the thousands of others having similar results dealing with useless Toshiba customer service.

0 comments:

Post a Comment