ASUS A55A-AH31-RD 15.6-Inch LED Laptop ( Red )

ASUS A55A-AH31-RD 15.6-Inch LED LaptopI'm a computer technician and I was just looking for a cheap machine that I could use for learning Windows 8, taking with me while I travel, some coding, web browsing, and movies. I wanted to stay in the $400 range, but seeing that this laptop comes with a Core i3-3110M, I decided to spring the extra cash for a far superior processor than the ASUS F55A with the Intel B890 CPU. I'm very glad that I did. The only thing that slows this machine down is the 5400RPM hard drive. When booting the machine in to Windows 8, startup programs simply take a while to load. Do yourself a favor and remove any unnecessary bloatware like McAfee and download any recent updates that ASUS provides. I'm really looking forward to getting a nice SSD drive for this thing one day because it will soar like an eagle. The keyboard has a decent feel to it as well. I spent a good few hours customizing everything the way I want. I even slicked it up with the Start8 program which gives you a classic Windows 7 start menu with tons of customization options. The webcam has a little LED light on it that makes your picture easy to see when you're Skyping in a dark room. I couldn't be happier for the money I spent on this machine.

This laptop is beautiful, the white is definitely an eye catcher, very classy looking. It's also chic, lightweight but durable, I love how the keys are flat and don't make noise when I type. On this computer, windows 8 is annoying at first, If your finger goes on the left side of the mouse pad, windows 8 will automatically popup, it took me a while to figure out why that kept happening, I'm sure that function can be disabled but I just haven't taken the time to figure it out, so I just found a temporary way around it, by staying on the right side of the mouse pad which is larger than most mouse pads. The major thing that I dislike about this computer is....the speaker is on the bottom of the computer, which makes the sound low at times or makes the sound muffled a little. It's not unbearable because it does have a decent volume level unlike some of the other brands I looked at. I had another speaker which also happens to be white so they make a perfect pair. I use to be a Dell junkie but I was disappointed in the way that the face plate/trimming around the screen breaks off and hinges in Dell laptops break easy. My Dell laptop and everyone that I know, that owns a Dell laptop, complains about the same thing. The hinges break and they have to hold or prop up the screen portion in order to look at it. I reviewed a lot of laptops and I shopped around for a little over 3 months before I decided on this one. For the most part, I really enjoy this laptop, and would recommend it.

Buy ASUS A55A-AH31-RD 15.6-Inch LED Laptop ( Red ) Now

For a new computer running Windows 8 this laptop says one thing: Speed. Its quick, beautiful, and easy to use for any average Joe, business man, or tech enthusiast. Feeling a bit sluggish? Upgrade the hard drive! Any laptop that uses a 5400RPM hard drive will run slowly even new. Slower hard drives mean slower boots, file access, and multi-tasking is limited. Throw in a super fast Solid State Drive or a 7200RPM SATA 3 hard drive and watch this thing be the computer you always dreamed of!

Read Best Reviews of ASUS A55A-AH31-RD 15.6-Inch LED Laptop ( Red ) Here

I love the layout and performance of the asus only complaints about the actual laptop are 1) the bloatware that comes pre-loaded on the machine 2) would be nice if you could turn off mousepad or at least have it deactivate when external mouse is plugged in. Biggest complaint Windows 8...grrr. It's incredibly not user friendly for a laptop for a touchscreen it's probably fine. I wish I could have gotten the laptop with Windows 7 pro as OS, but c'est la vie! Anyway, my biggest complaints about W8 no start button and can't get the charms bar to not pop up randomly without downloading some app. It's taken me nearly a month to acclimate to the OS, and I still don't know it completely. My advice if you're fairly computer literate like me you're search engine is your best friend when it comes to learning Windows 8.

Want ASUS A55A-AH31-RD 15.6-Inch LED Laptop ( Red ) Discount?

The computer itself is amazing! Only thing I found I did not like with the computer was that sometimes on the internet browser it will zoom while using the touchpad. Once I changed the setting everything was GREAT! Best laptop I have owned in my life. The Windows 8 version, I hated at first, but after 6 hours of exploring and getting used to it, I started to like it more and more. Great computer, Windows 8 is a great operating software. The price of this computer should have been at least $800.00 minimum, it's great!

Save $0.99 Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment