Toshiba Satellite L635-S3030 13.3-Inch Laptop (Neo X Texture in Grey)

Toshiba Satellite L635-S3030 13.3-Inch LaptopThe Toshiba Satellite L635 is a great basic laptop, and is commonly available new for under $400 (I paid $399.00 plus sales tax.) This computer is really designed for kids, and ruggedness is the name of its game. It has a washable, removable rubberized covering for the keys which minimizes damages from liquid spills, and is generally made to be treated rougher than many lightweight machines. It comes loaded with a lot of software for children (including a truly peculiar Lego Batman game,) most of which I uninstalled immediately. The wireless works great. For basic Internet, email, and word processing requirements this computer is perfectly adequate; gamers or people who frequently use graphic-intensive programs are likely to find the Celeron processor to be a bit poky. Of key importance to me was that this machine, unlike many in its class, has a DVD-SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) drive, which is something I wanted without carrying a separate external drive.

By far the biggest hassle in setting this machine up was accessing the preinstalled Net Nanny software, and subsequently uninstalling it. (Hint: my machine had to be connected to the Internet, and it would not allow me to do that wirelessly until I had logged in to Net Nanny with the included password.) Really the only negative I found with the machine is that the battery life indicator is a bit misleading: it can go from having a reasonable percentage of charge and time remaining indicated (e.g. 25 percent and an hour or so) to the batteries dropping off the line very quickly and without warning; the solution is obvious: plan to plug it in when it gets below whatever threshold you find is appropriate (I would start thinking about it around 25 percent.) Having said that, I found battery life to be decent (three hours or so easily,) and several power-saving modes are available.

While this machine is really made for kids (and I certainly recommend it in that role,) it's also a light, durable, uber-portable laptop suitable for adults that need a basic computer, too. For what it's intended to do it's a great deal if you can get it for $400 or less.

I needed a laptop and I was a bit short on cash. This was 399.99 at Best Buy (On 2/14/2011), I noticed the other reviews said it was $499.99 so it must have come down. NO clue why it's so expensive on Amazon! Anyway, I bought it for myself and it's SO awesome. I'm rough on technology so it being very durable was a plus. Feel of the wipeable keyboard takes a few minutes to get used to, but now I love it. So cool knowing I could spill on my keyboard and just pull my keyboard off, wash it and pop it back on. I just deleted the kid's games and net nanny off it and its just like a regular computer. Awesome awesome deal. Great for kids, obviously. Just don't buy on AMAZON WHEN YOU CAN GET FROM BEST BUY FOR $399!!

Buy Toshiba Satellite L635-S3030 13.3-Inch Laptop (Neo X Texture in Grey) Now

The rubber covered keyboard takes some getting use to. No HDMI out. Could use a better processor. This laptop is at BestBuy for 499.95 the regular price. Why is it so expensive here on Amazon?

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite L635-S3030 13.3-Inch Laptop (Neo X Texture in Grey) Here

I bought this laptop for my son and he loves it...I agree with another poster that it's not worth the price listed when it's a bestbuy for 499.99 and I got the free backpack and mouse with mine...I wouldn't spend the seven hundred bucks wanted for this pc it's just not worth it...I wish it had a bigger hard drive....and I can't seem to unlock the movies on it...but I will figure it out...overall I like the pc and my son loves it..

Want Toshiba Satellite L635-S3030 13.3-Inch Laptop (Neo X Texture in Grey) Discount?

I have had this for 3 days so far it has exceeded my expectations (except audio).This is a rugged laptop period. Good for kids, good for travel and 13.3" is the perfect screen size. This is a dual core Celeron (cache is low vs. i3/i5). So far hasn't choked on any application. First set up and then remove Netnanny if you have to. Comes with 2 fee movies for the kids.

It looks nice (with the green accents). Has a DVD multi drive (with Label Flash), multi card reader (no XD), 3 USB and 1 VGA (no HDMI/DVI) at this price point (at Best Buy). Spend another $30-$40 to add RAM and I think you are all set. Shall update once I install additional RAM. Also you may want to buy a Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station with DisplayLink DVI/VGA up to 1920x1080, Audio, Ethernet, and 4 Available High-Speed USB 2.0 Ports to de-clutter your desk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment