Dell Inspiron 14z i14z-2203sLV 14.0-Inch Ultrabook (Moon Silver)

Dell Inspiron 14z i14z-2203sLV 14.0-Inch UltrabookI owned and loved a previous version of the Dell Inspiron 14z. Unfortunately, it didn't love me back when I got caught in a major thunderstorm and it got soaked through. When searching for a new computer, I look at other brands and models before settling on another Inspiron 14z.

First, the cosmetics. This laptop is considered an ultrabook -it's super thin (0.8") and light (4.12 pounds). For a Dell, it's remarkably chic and stylish. I love the Moon Silver finish.

The battery life on this computer is fantastic. I typically get four to five hours of moderately heavy use; if I'm consciously trying to conserve power (turning down display brightness, limiting programs running in the background, etc.) I can routinely get at least six hours. Compared to other computers I've owned, this is simply great. The Inspiron 14z also charges quickly, which is one of my favorite things about it.

It has an 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5 processor (a third-generation Intel processor), which is fantastic for the price. It also comes with a 500 GB hard drive and 6 GB of RAM. The computer boots up fast and has no problem running numerous memory-intensive programs at once. The graphics quality is great, it has an HDMI port, and the webcam works wonderfully. I definitely give it 5/5 for overall performance.

As with most Dell products, it takes some initial tweaking to get the machine working the way you want. Adjust the sleep/hibernation settings right off the bet to avoid major annoyance (the default is far shorter than I prefer), change the energy-saving preferences, and alter the trackpad settings. I also uninstalled McAfee and installed Norton instead (personal preference -I've had major performance problems with McAfee in the past). It takes a few days to get used to a new trackpad and keyboard, but the transition was easy for me, as I've owned an Inspiron 14z in the past.

Overall, I highly recommend this ultrabook. It looks fabulous, is light and portable, and is lightning fast. That, combined with the excellent battery life, make this a fantastic product in my book. Enjoy!

The Dell Inspiron 14z is sold as an ultrabook. We get 2-3 hours of battery life even when we are doing simple, low energy tasks like editing a document. Reality (2-3 hours), Dell's promotional materials (5-8 hours), and their post-purchasing customer service are three entirely different things. We are very unhappy customers.

Dell's promotional material says that the Inspiron 14z (6 cell battery) gives "Power to stay productive Ultrabooks don't skimp on battery life: with 5 to 8 hours or more of running time they can keep you productive all day" (http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-14z-5423/pd) and Dell's on-line customer service chat will tell you the "Inspiron 14z's battery last for up to 7 hrs depending on operating conditions"

We bought the Inspiron because we thought we were getting a reasonable battery life. After we purchased the computer, we contacted Dell about the battery life issue, thinking that the computer was malfunctioning and could be repaired. We even sent it back to them for "repair." Still only got 2-3 hours. We talked further with customer service (many calls over many weeks). Dell's technology staff now say that with a 6 cell battery, you should only expect 2-3 hours and that the marketing material (5-8 hours) refers to time when the computer is asleep. I don't know about you, but I'm not being "productive all day" when my computer is asleep.

Dell won't stand by their product. They basically told us that we should have known that a six cell battery will only last 2-3 hours and we were out of luck. We will never buy another Dell product. Their customer service is horrible and you can't trust anything they say on their own websites or in their on-line chats.

Buy Dell Inspiron 14z i14z-2203sLV 14.0-Inch Ultrabook (Moon Silver) Now

I received my inspiron ultrabook for Christmas since then I have had multiple issues. I would have expected a company like Dell to have backed up their computer and been able to see when a computer is a lemon and replace it, but they will not. My mic port went out first they had to flash my BIOS. Then my USB port went out they updated drivers and flashed the BIOS twice and replaced the motherboard. At this time the tech they sent out told me that the computer had internal cracks and was missing screws (this is a refurbished computer I was told was guaranteed). I was very upset and felt like I provided Dell money and was given a product that was defective. The online tech guys just repeated over and over that they will not replace the computer just the parts (the parts keep breaking). Now the computer will not see its own battery charger. I get the same thing we will fix it your computer it will be fine, yes until my warranty runs out and you do not have to deal with me. It has not been fine and they will say that until the warranty runs out. I am stuck with a lemon. I asked them just to give me a credit and I would add money to it and buy a computer from them that was brand new and maybe then I would not have issue and they did not want to help me with that either. I just keep having issue after issue and no wants to see I have a lemon. No one on the chat session will point me to someone that can help me better. Today they offered me a new usb hard drive. This had nothing to do with my issue and they admitted that. They just wanted to shut me up, because I wanted a computer that worked. I went with Dell because I thought I could trust them, maybe I should fall in love with Apple.

Read Best Reviews of Dell Inspiron 14z i14z-2203sLV 14.0-Inch Ultrabook (Moon Silver) Here

it was a headache I get it and it broke down the next day I was going to send it back but I take it for a technician to fix it witch cost me $80 to fix it

Want Dell Inspiron 14z i14z-2203sLV 14.0-Inch Ultrabook (Moon Silver) Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment