Acer C710-2487 11.6-Inch Chromebook (Iron Gray)

Acer C710-2487 11.6-Inch ChromebookThis is my first chromebook, so I am still getting used to it. But it is lighting fast (compared to the dell I had before). Probably the most memory I use is watching Netflix, but I don't have a problem streaming. It starts up in seconds and the battery seems to last for days on standby, which is nice. Its super light and easy to carry around at work. You can pull it out like a phone and google for quick answers or bring up documents without the hassle of waiting for startup or a tiny screen. I haven't had any connectivity issues with it.

The thing I am disappointed with is the slides, docs and spreadsheets programs.. they are not as compatible with office as I thought they would be, but they will open and edit office docs. However, even with simple documents the formatting is changed dramatically. Its still usable, just requires more effort to re-edit. Being able to store everything on the google drive and open from any computer is awesome.

The only thing that's not good is the bottom doesn't come screwed on and there are actually "warranty void" stickers over the screw holes, so the back does fall off every now and them, which I feel is asking for trouble.

For the price, the value is great. I've never had a computer this mobile or fast. I'm hoping the apps will improve as time goes on.

Fast startup.

No crapware.

No frequent updates.

No more Norton price increases.

Lite weight.

Easy to read text

I am still adjusting to the google spreadsheet and trying to figure out photo downloads.

I don't like having to buy a new printer or boot up the old laptop to print

Buy Acer C710-2487 11.6-Inch Chromebook (Iron Gray) Now

When I was shopping for a new laptop i did a lot of looking and research...but then someone asked "how are you going to be using it?" That is when I realized that I didn't need all the programs that came with most laptops...MS Office kind of stuff....and even though

I didn't know exactly what I wanted, I did know that I didn't want something that took forever to turn on, had to update all the time, and would get sluggish eventually with or without the updates. So I tried out Google Drive and Picasa and some other Google apps and they are great. This was my solution and I couldn't be happier. So great.

Read Best Reviews of Acer C710-2487 11.6-Inch Chromebook (Iron Gray) Here

The product arrived as expected and packaged great. I have a MacBook Pro, and wanted to see If the Chrome OS was a functional product for me. The system is actually great and so streamlined to my needs, this is the next best OS system after the Mac OS. I would definitely recommend this OS system to any one who wants a system with a quick start up, ability to run multiple apps with no decline in performance, and a nice size hard drive at a very affordable price.

Want Acer C710-2487 11.6-Inch Chromebook (Iron Gray) Discount?

The office I work for bought some of these (we are a small firm-and can't afford macs) so that we wouldn't have to lug our personal laptops to and fro from work.

It's cool. I wouldn't have gotten one for myself. There are limits to what you can do with a chromebook. Of course it isn't a full OS laptop so its limits are within expectations, yet some are very bothersome. I'm just going to list the Pros and Cons for my Acer Chromebook.

Pros: Fast start up, decent battery life, integrated google doc, drive and app support. Decent entry level specs for the price. Low price. Light and mobile unit. Has offline mode (in the case of no internet), 4 usb ports

Cons: offline mode isn't the best, limited productivity apps and behind software titans Microsoft Office and Apple's Keynote, very little storage.

The biggest con for me is the printing. I need to print all the time. Google cloud print is difficult to use, and doesn't support commercial office printers, which is what we have. So either you have to buy a special google cloudprint ready printer, or use their Print share..which is finicky, has a very simplistic driver and often messes up my print margins.

Since I got it for free, I'll use it, because it is definitely lighter than my macbook pro. However I wish chrome would/could somehow add driver support, because the printing is a dealbreaker for my personal use.

I wouldn't recommend this as a primary computer alternative to anyone, it's more like a tablet streamlined for production, with an included keyboard and usb ports. It can be useful if you already have a laptop, and want a lighter one for on-the-go needs.

Save 24% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment