Toshiba Satellite L305-S5944 Notebook Laptop

Toshiba Satellite L305-S5944 Notebook LaptopSo far, this has been a good laptop for me, except for a few failures. After about 7 months of use, it repeatedly crashed, and I had to send it back to Toshiba's repair facilities in Kentucky. They found that it had a faulty hard drive, replaced it, and I had it back in my possession within a week. About a month later, the modem went out, and I again had to send it in and have that replaced.

All in all, I found their customer support was mediocre at best, but it was obviously foreign, so that's pretty much a given. For the most part, they were polite, though I had a few who were rather patronizing.

Its speed is quite sufficient for your every-day computing needs. Downsides would be its lack of an internal mic, and I'm not that fond of the volume wheel on the front, as it is bumped quite easily, and there is no way (that I know of) to disable it and use solely the screen controls. It is not capable of running screen recording software without freezing up and getting quite choppy. The speakers are average; don't expect anything too spectacular. It also does not come with the Vista installation discs. I've found that the keys on this computer have worn away much more quickly then they do on my others. The letters themselves do not rub off the key caps, but the tabs on the home keys were worn away quite quickly. Perhaps that's just an oddity, though. Battery life averages about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

All in all, it's been a good laptop, though not the best. Since its hard ware issues, it has done well.

The laptop is great, good size (I use it at home for my business, carry from room to room) and not too heavy. I love the screen display and size, and the keyboard is big. I use a Logitech wireless mouse via USB port. My only criticism is with the slider opener latch -what a pain. Needs to extend just a little bit more from the case, and it would be fine. This laptop came loaded with Vista Home Basic -I tried everywhere to find one with Windows XP, to no avail. Be aware that you are very restricted in options for upgrading Vista on this laptop. As far as my research tells me, I can't upgrade to Windows 7 without messing with the BIOS, and I don't want to do that. So I'm stuck with Vista and MS Office 7, both of which I do not like. (If anyone has thoughts on this I'd like to hear them.)

Buy Toshiba Satellite L305-S5944 Notebook Laptop Now

This product was purchased as a high school graduation gift for a grandddaughter who will enter college in the fall. So far, it has been just fine for general use. Unable to evaluate as a college tool at this time.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite L305-S5944 Notebook Laptop Here

I have had Toshiba Satellite lap-tops before with mixed results....very heavy. This had a big screen and was just what I needed.

Want Toshiba Satellite L305-S5944 Notebook Laptop Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment