ASUS G73 Gaming Series G73SW-BST6 Notebook

ASUS G73 Gaming Series G73SW-BST6 NotebookPros: I've had it for a week now and all I can say is WOW, It runs and eats any task I throw at just as fast as my desktop (My desktop has a Phenom x4 @3.5Ghz and a GTX460 @900Mhz).

Gaming wise I've only tested Skyrim so far and I have all view distances on max with x2 AA and x8 AAA shadows on meidum and I get 30FPS+ everywhere in the game and most places can get 50+ easy. I'm pretty sure this laptop can play any game out there in medium/high with low to none problems

Performance Wise: The HDD comes with 2 partitions 1 for OS and the other for Data, if you don't mind choosing where to exactly download stuff and where to place it it shouldn't be a problem at all, the Computer has 3 handy buttons on top left side of the keyboard for either turning lights off keyboard, changing performance to entertainment, high perf, battery saver and finally changing the way screen looks (like quick presets on a TV).

Continue in other thoughts.

Cons: Not a con, but just a warning: This thing is HUGE!

Other Thoughts: Refurbished VS New: Considering this model is refurbished I haven't had any issues with it at all involving any hardware malfunction etc, I update the Nvidia drivers to the latest and all the drivers for Trackpad, preset buttons etc and they work just fine, the keyboard backlighting is very good and the Fn button has keys to lower and raise brightnes on it just like the screen. I've tested it with heavy performance sessions under Prime 95 (application to make your RAM and processor use as many threads/resources as possible to test voltage or hardware malfunction) and both fans work 100% as they raised the RPMs to max you can certainly feel they are taking a HUGE amount of heat out of the case.

Other stuff: Weight is to be expected and if you have never owned a 17.3 laptop you are in for a BIG surprise as this thing is as huge as a laptop can get.

I really hope anyone who buys this enjoy theirs as much as I've been enjoying mine, I will post if I find any errors with it along the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment