ASUS A53Z-ES61 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (Mocha)

ASUS A53Z-ES61 15.6-Inch LED LaptopFirst let me state, I did not purchase this laptop as a desktop replacement, only as a companion I could travel with, or lounge around with and still have access to a PC, I love my IPad 2, but there are just some things it sadly cant do for me. Second, let me say alot of the problems people have mentioned haven't occurred for me (yet?). I do not know if the model I received was a upgraded one or not, but the sound was fine to me, it got pretty loud too with the Enhancement software from Asus. The mouse pad CAN be a little wiggy, but for the most part it works fine, the problem I discovered was the placement of my hand caused issues, simply lifting my hand and placing it back better stopped it.

The only real problem I had was with the wi-fi adapter shutting off upon system reboot, hibernation or sleep restore. This however was a result of the software on the laptop, once I uninstalled "Wireless Console 3", the problem stopped right away and I've not had any issues since. Another thing to mention is this laptop qualifies for the Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer for $14.99 (until Early 2013). Which seems like a great deal.

As for gaming, I have to say I was impressed. Im able to run notorious resource hogs like Sims 3, with every expansion pack and a bevy of DLC content from the Sims 3 store at nearly max settings with no performance issues. Second Life, also another notorious game which it is hard to find a laptop capable of running it properly also works great with max settings. I've also not had any problems running anything from my Steam Library or GOG.com Library. Granted, I've not tried heavy hitters like Skyrim or Battlefield 3 on it, but I've heard positive things from other gamers with this laptop. I can say, generally speaking on most High end, 2012 era games, this laptop can go up to medium settings at the most, which is pretty formidable.

I will add though, run Asus's update utility with this, there's a fantastic power utility on here that really lets you customize how the machine runs. Such as a Power Saving mode that wrings out more use from your laptop, generally I've found it useful when your on the battery and just want to browse the web or chat online. Where as Max Performance mod pushes the machine to a higher level giving better gaming performance. There are other presets but generally, from what I can tell this utility will safely Over-clock the laptop to run much better, or under-clock it to save on battery. All in all, very useful. Using these tools, I've been able to run the laptop on battery with the power saving preset for many hoursI want to say 5+. It probably does not need to be said, but running max Performance on battery mode will burn through battery power very quickly. I've found its best to use while plugged into the AC for charging, or for short gaming sessions. Entertainment mode seems to strike a good balance between performance/battery power.

All in all, a great laptop and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap machine to game on, I would say its probably most useful to college students looking for a school work and gaming PC in one. Im very pleased with this purchase, though I will probably upgrade it considering to push the machine up to 8GB of RAM is only 18$ with a purchase right here on amazon.com

Previously had an Asus netbook which I abused. Thing lasted for 3 years with no issues. Traveled to Kenya with it, many other places. Since I had such good luck with my Asus netbook I decided on buying this laptop as a replacement. No issues with it whatsoever. Minimal bloatware. No windows disc, the backup is on a partition. WiFi is flawless and fast. Touchpad is a touchpad. Works in a pinch although no substitute for a mouse. Screen is bright with no dead pixels. Have Borderlands on it which plays fine on moderate settings. Speakers are weak although I think of them like a touchpad: Just a substitute for some ear buds or headphones and are there for when you forgot them. Battery life is good. Amazon as always rocks. BTW I purchased this on a Gold Box for three hundred eighty nine dollars out the door. Asus notebooks are often discounted and on sale at Amazon, so if its not in your price range just wait a bit.

Buy ASUS A53Z-ES61 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (Mocha) Now

i gave this laptop a five star because of the price and what you get for it performs tasks very well and it has a nice appearance to it very fast for a laptop in its price range well done again asus

Read Best Reviews of ASUS A53Z-ES61 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (Mocha) Here

The computer is very well designed, and for this price you are not going to find anything better. The AMD Quadcore A6 3420M is fairly fast (don't let the 1.4 GHz scare you, it goes up to 2.3 GHz with the Turbo). To understand the level of the processor, here is a processor benchmark that shows you a comparison with other similar processors, both AMD and intel.

The screen is good: bright, high contrast, fairly large viewing angle (I estimate around 130°). Battery life: about 3 and a half hours in maximum performance mode, more than 4 and a half hours in battery saving mode.

The only problem I've found is with the speakers, which are not very loud (still acceptable). Beside this, everything looks fine.

Want ASUS A53Z-ES61 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (Mocha) Discount?

Hi, i've had this laptop for about 6 months now and so far i have been pleased!! Great bang for the buck with the a6 apu.

Only a few cons with this i noticed.

It does get fairly hot when gaming.

The 5400 rpm hdd is slow.

I did max out the ram to 8gb which costed only $20 for another 4gb.

I also just installed a Samsung 830 256gb ssd and now this baby is blazin fast!!

Will use the 5400rpm hdd for back up only, too slow for me!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment