Lenovo Ideapad Y450 14-Inch Laptop

Lenovo Ideapad Y450 14-Inch LaptopMy IdeaPad (Lenovo) Y450 is a little mighty mouse. It is officially a Lenovo IdeaPad 41892AU model.

I'm still amazed that Lenovo (and other manufacturers) can pack such a complete computer package into such a small laptop shell for such a reasonable price. I'm not a laptop expert but here is my take on this little beauty.

Mine came with Vista Home (I transferred/upgraded free to Win 7) and a variety of other software titles including the usual 90 day trial stuff from Norton and Microsoft Office. It has a very good 14 inch backlight HD LED display screen, a nice keyboard touch and layout, tons of connections (for a mouse), good sound for a laptop, and the capability to run any software available today.

Mine came with 4GB of 204-Pin DDR# SODIMM RAM, the max for any 32 bit operating system. The motherboard has a 2.1Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processory #T6500 with a bus speed of 800MHz and 2M gate. In other words it cooks right along. It has a dual layer DVD, Dolby Home Theater premium audio system which is nice for movies, etc.

It has this face recognition password system which allows you to sign onto the system by just sitting in front of it. That save a few steps and provides good security. The tiny camera is located at the top of the lid.

It's physique is thin and light, 1.4" and a little over 4 pounds.

About the comments of the touchpad being sensitive I have found in my experience that any laptop touchpad is twitchy. That is why I use a $10 wireless mouse, and find things go much easier.

In summ, I think this laptop offers a great bang for the buck and I would recommend it for someone looking for a good general use computer/laptop at a decent price.

I just by this laptop a month ago and I don't have any issues with this laptop yet. A very nice 14 inch screen with hd 720p. So now I can watch the slingbox on hd. I read the previos review from other webside about heating proablem but it never heat to me maybe they fix the proablem since the laptop come out last year.And some pepole complain about wifi connection but the lenovo fix the proablem the new order computer come with all fix problems. If you by this computer last year I hear that you have to go on lenovo webside and download the softer.

Sow far I am verry verry happy with this computer. I wish the buttons were with lights like apple mac pro. The rest it's a good computer but if you are into the gamer online you better look for some other computer with the better video card.Soon I will post a video review on a

Buy Lenovo Ideapad Y450 14-Inch Laptop Now

This is an older laptop, launched originally in 2009. The device is fine for a budget laptop, with excellent speakers (probably the best I have ever used/s in a laptop).

Battery becomes unusable after 3 years. The power cable connector is giving a bit of trouble too. The components used aren't the most reliable...I guess.

However, for regular use (non-gaming), this laptop is just fine.

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo Ideapad Y450 14-Inch Laptop Here

In the IT field for around 15 years and the least reliable system that I ever had was lenovo Y450. Bought it around 2+ years back and the motherboard died on the first week; lenovo did not give another system, but replaced the motherboard. After 6 months, the wireless adapter stopped working; after 18 months, the battery died. Now the DVD drive is making sounds and does not work with CDs.

Pros: the system has very good speakers. Yet to find another laptop with better audio.

Want Lenovo Ideapad Y450 14-Inch Laptop Discount?

Buying this is like buying a lotto.

After half a year, this junk simply fell apart: A couple of keys quit working, plug gets loose. Then, hard disk fell. Now the cooling is shot. It gets really hot. And the hinge broke. The nasty warranty rep is scolding me like it is my fault.

Dont buy ever from them again!

PS. I have bought a few others from them and without any glitch so far. But you happen to get a junk, you are screwed. I think they have a real problem with quality control. They should not have let this junk out of the door.

0 comments:

Post a Comment