Thinkpad SL410 - Intel - Core 2 Duo - T6670 - 2.2 Ghz - DDR3 Sdram - 4 Gb - Seri

Thinkpad SL410 - Intel - Core 2 Duo - T6670 - 2.2 Ghz - DDR3 Sdram - 4 Gb - SeriI purchased an open box 2842-K3U to replace an aging ThinkPad G40. One of the first things I did was upgrade the memory to 8Gb, as I wanted to optimally run Windows 7 Professional (64-bit).

The Wi-Fi adapter that came standard was only a 2.4 Ghz 802.11b/g/n variant. If you enjoy lousy throughput in the crowded 2.4 spectrum, more power to you. I ended up getting a dual-band a/g/n adapter instead, referencing the Hardware Maintenance Manual for compatible FRUs (be advised that getting the wrong one will result in an 1802 post error). The plus side is that they can be had for cheap on the secondary market.

The hard drive was nothing special; a Seagate Momentus 250GB 5400 RPM SATA drive. I later got a Hitachi Travelstar500GB 7200 RPM drive.

Lack of Bluetooth support is not a show stopper, considering that one could get aftermarket usb adapters for cheap.

Lastly, the 6-cell Li-ion battery will last about a year or so; you know you're in need of a replacement when it can only give you an hour's worth of life.

Having an integrated webcam is a nice touch; it works well with Skype.

0 comments:

Post a Comment