HP ProBook 4440s 14" Business Notebook PC - C6Z34UT

HP ProBook 4440s 14' Business Notebook PC - C6Z34UTI purchased my first HP laptop in 2003 and it quit working last year, in 2012. While I did double the RAM twice and replace the hard drive, I was thoroughly impressed with how long it performed even after being bumped around traveling and exposed to the elements of my work environment. This new HP ProBook seems to have the same feel in regard to layout and the construction is quite nice, noticeably light. Combine that with the i3 processor, 4gb RAM, and Windows 7; I continue to be impressed. Go HP!

I am the director of IT for a small company in Wisconsin, and I needed a reliable business class machine that gives me all the tools that I need for administration and support of about 150 computers. I gave the chromebook a try because most of the tools that I use are web based (gmail, google docs, logmein, pixlr, wordpress, etc) but I learned quickly that the machine was not a good fit for what I needed.

I upgraded to this machine, and in the first week of use, it's been very reliable. The 14" screen and weight of under 5 lbs is nice for moving from place to place, as I do all the time. The VGA output is nice for using a desktop monitor / keyboard / mouse as a dual screen desktop machine.

The Core i3 w/ 4GB of ram, 500GB hard drive, and windows 7 Pro 64 bit is not my favorite operating system, but it's the most supported platform for all of the programs that we have out in our infrastructure of about 150 computers across 10 buildings.

The machine includes a creative suite for editing, which I haven't used yet, but the DVD burner is nice for making disks and 2 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 are nice for plugging in many devices.

I would recommend this machine as a good quality business machine to upgrade users or power users or administrators who have machines that are from the Pentium 4 / or Core 2 Duo Era that are still running XP.

Buy HP ProBook 4440s 14" Business Notebook PC - C6Z34UT Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment