ASUS P43E-XH31 (14.1-Inch Screen) Laptop

ASUS P43E-XH31 LaptopI bought this laptop since my brother who is a tech guy told me to get Asus. I did what he told me! And he is right, it is very fast and a good little laptop. The 14" screen is perfect for my use and makes it more portable. The i3 processor is everything that I need. I don't know how many laptops have the smart login, but I love using it. It's just a smooth, fast computer and I have no complaints. My brother told me it would have been nice to have a 3.0 USB port, but I can't say I'm missing it. I highly recommend!

Bigger than I expected ... The screen has a large border (.7" sides, 1" top & bottom). 14.1 Dims about the size of a 15.6 overall (I'm glad I waited to buy a case).

Big difference in speed with the 2nd gen i3 / 'sandy bridge' ... nice.

Display is fine (it's not high-end, but it is crisp and clear, & I don't wanna pay big bux)

The multi-functional keyboard might take some getting used to.

I needed something tough, quick, & mobile ... this is it.

Buy ASUS P43E-XH31 (14.1-Inch Screen) Laptop Now

This is one of the nicest laptops in the market. don't go for other brand names.....grab this one and stay cool for at least 2 years. the build quality, components, the feel...everything is nice. little bit heavy (5 lbs) but that's okay for me. the only problem ive is with the screen quality. but that will be the same for any other 1366x768 LED display. i purchased one Gateway ID series but returned it due to display issues. now im happy.You will be happy too if you get the P43e-XH31.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS P43E-XH31 (14.1-Inch Screen) Laptop Here

The laptop multi tasks very well but is slower than my 3 year old pc when it comes to simpler tasks. Start up takes far too long for a new computer. This could be an OS issue since this is my first pc using Windows 7. Battery life is just ok.

09/30/12

I have to add that this computer is very good at multi tasking and is basically as advertised. I don't think it is a bad pc and have adjusted to it. I think many of the speed concerns I had initially are Windows 7 related. After a few months with the PC, I have settled on the main issue and it may seem trivial, but it is the aesthetics. The black exterior case is ok when closed. It is the key board and touch pad that are the worst. I never thought this would bother me, but in using my PC for work and in front of clients I find this machine embarrassing. This must be the cheapest, loudest, lowest quality, looking like it came from the 1990s keyboard ASUS could find. Maybe they were paid to use it, but it flat out sucks. Then the touch pad looks filthy no matter how clean your hands are or how often I clean the surface. The click from the pad is loud and hollow and signals to everyone around me that I have a POS laptop when if fact, it works quite well. It bothers me so much that I am going to try and have it replaced. I had to share this because all the reviews I read were very positive when it came to performance but none addressed how cheap these two areas look, feel and sound.

Want ASUS P43E-XH31 (14.1-Inch Screen) Laptop Discount?

I purchased this laptop on Amazon as a "Like-New" display model for less than $350 for my fiance to upgrade from her dinosaur of a Dell laptop from 8-10 years ago and her little 9" laptop that she also has. This one blows both of those out of the water. Take note that I do an incredible amount of research on any product that I purchase be it a $5 pair of socks or a $1000 television. I like getting a high quality product (which this laptop definitely is) at a bargain of a price.

The laptop itself is very stylish with a dark black textured shell. For my fiance, it is the perfect size to give performance while also allowing for portability by not having to carry too much weight or taking up too much space in her backpack.

The screen is very bright and vivid making movie watching experience great.

It has 3 USB ports 2 on the right hand side towards the front of the laptop and 1 on the left towards the front.

This laptop also features the VGA and HDMI ports on the left side towards the front in case you would like to hook the laptop up to a different display.

The touch pad is skewed just to the left of the center of the laptop. This does not bother me, but my fiance complains about her left hand constantly bumping it and moving the cursor while writing papers. Another note on the keyboard is that there is not a numpad on the right hand side. This does not bother my fiance as she never uses it even if there is one; however, I prefer having one. As a 14.1" laptop I am unsure as to whether any carry a numpad, but if I were buying for myself I would jump up to a 15.4" which does have the option.

We have not had any problems with temperatures running too hot even after a few hours of constant use. Anything more than that we use cooling pads merely as a precaution so I cannot say if it will continue to stay cool after several hours of heavy use.

It has a great battery life. Depending on the settings and what you are doing, this laptop can easily run from a few to several hours on battery alone.

The 4GB of RAM is also plenty you could probably run many games on low settings without a problem. However, this is by no means a "gamer's" computer. For someone looking to buy the computer as a business/school/social media that can also play games like League of Legends or possibly even WoW on low settings, this laptop will do the trick. The 500GB hard drive is also plenty, if anything more is needed there is always the option of an external.

One of the best features that one should always take into consideration when buying an ASUS laptop is they almost always come with the 1 year global / 1 year accidental damage warranty. This feature alone is worth an additional $50 dollars or so.

For the price I paid, this laptop was a steal. However, at the normal price point of $600+/-, I would look to spend a little more and get the ASUS A73E-XA1 17.3" which will offer the larger screen, the numpad on the side of the keyboard, a faster processor (2.3GHz i5 vs 2.1GHz i3), and a larger hard drive. My fiance does not agree with that as she would prefer the still powerful but much more portable 14.1".

0 comments:

Post a Comment