ASUS G750JX-DB71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black)

ASUS G750JX-DB71 17.3-Inch Laptop* UPDATE

My replacement laptop is great, (thanks to Amazon's awesome customer service) there is no audio problem with the headphone jack in this one. There was only one other user online I heard from who had a similar problem. I still don't like the

matte screen, but that's a personal preference. It would also be nice to have the blue ray burner included instead of just DVD. However, again, this is still the best laptop out there in its class.

===

(orignal review

Please note there is a hardware issue (at least with the JX verison) of this laptop that creates a hissing and popping sound when using the headphone output. Normally with laptops there are a lot of electronics inside the computer that can interfere with on-board audio, but ASUS advertises this computer as having advanced audio, and specifically a "exclusive" headphone amp. I've updated the audio driver per ASUS tech support, and the problem still exists. Tech support says its most likely a hardware issue. I've browsed other forums online including the ASUS Republic of Gamers forum, and other users report the same problem. The screen also features a matte finish, which to my eyes (I'm a photographer, and use photoshop A LOT), it appears as if I'm looking through a screen covered with grease or some sort of dirty screen. While, this is something I could get over considered many matte screens look like this (but not ALL), the audio quality is something I cannot handle for the money. Other than that, the system is super fast, the cooling is great, and it is a beautiful machine other than the concerns above. I hope ASUS fixes the issue.

Let me start out by stating that, this is my first true gaming laptop purchase. I was never much into PC games since I said goodbye to my teenage years and "Duke Nukem". Since then I have been faithful to my gaming consoles and never looked back... untill now.

The Asus G750JX is a powerful machine and one that fits me right. I recently installed " BioShock Infinite" and I must say, this game runs flawlessly on Ultra settings. This is only my first game played on this machine so only time will tell if it holds up to every other games I throw at it.

I was on the fence in purchasing this laptop due to its pricing, considering that, the competition (MSI GT Series, Clevo/Sager, Toshiba Qosmio, etc) offer configurations at the same price range but with a higher/premium GPU (780m). The reason I went with the Asus G750JX is first, due to the design, and second, the amazing "DUAL" fans. The built quality of this product is excellent. It looks great and feels less bulky than other competing offerings. Other manufactures offer extremly ugly looking and bulky laptops. My second point in favor for choosing the G750 is its dual fan cooling system.

One of my fears was having a powerful GPU with a single fan solution for cooling. I say this because the hotter your machine gets over a certain threshold, the more likely it is to malfunction or die on you early. This laptop keeps me comfortable in knowing that heat will never be a problem and my investment will last me for the long run. The NVIDIA 770m GPU is plenty fast and thanks to the dual fans, I have yet to feel any signs of overheating hiccups.

I am glad to say that the OS is installed in the SSD drive. I personally took out the standard mechanical hard-drive and installed a second 256GB SSD that I had purchased last year on Amazon. Although this setup is giving me less data space to work with (512gb vs1,256gb), it did wonders to my battery life. I am getting roughly 4.5 to 5 hours of battery life now when doing light tasks, such as surfing web and editing documents.

Sound quality is great, crystal clear and loud, although not very loudest I have experienced. Screen has excellent viewing angles and is anti-reflective. Keyboard is excellent. It does not fell cramped and provides good key feedback. Also the metal casing around it makes it even better (aesthetically).

Overall this is an amazing laptop that was worth the buy. The only con I can list is the lack of a " Bluray" player. At this price range a DVD player just doesn't cut it, especially when this laptop is meant for gaming and entertainment.

Buy ASUS G750JX-DB71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

I love this computer for the fact that I like to enjoy my games for smooth play, excellent quality of the game details that this computer can handle for example ultra quality on skyrim.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS G750JX-DB71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment