Dell Latitude E6530 Laptop Computer - 3rd gen Intel Core i5-3230M Processor (2.6GHz, 3M cache)

Dell Latitude E6530 Laptop Computer - 3rd gen Intel Core i5-3230M ProcessorHello All. I rarely write reviews, which I feel bad about as I have benefited from many of the reviews here on Amazon.

After my recent experience with Dell, I feel compelled to warn buyers about a very serious design flaw, which I am told is common to all the current latitudes.

There is no bios display on the external monitor when my E6530 is plugged into the laptops VGA port or the docking station's dvi ports. You do not see anything on the external monitor until Windows starts up and loads the nvidia driver. What this means is that, should you set up a bios password for the startup or HDD, the screen to enter it during startup will not show up on the external monitor. The only way to see it is to disable optimus, and use the docking station's vga port or display port. Also, it will not show up if using HDMI either.

Again it will not show up on the external monitor if you are using the laptop vga port or the dvi ports of the docking station. If you have the laptop in the Dell docking station in a Dell monitor stand using the DVI ports you will never see the password screen. So you have to wait and guess when it is ready and then blindly enter the password. If it does not work, or if there is a windows start up problem you will have to pull the laptop off of the docking station and boot it independently to determine the issue. I have never seen a laptop ever have this flaw.

I pursued this through technical support which replaced my mother board twice and then landed me in the Customer Resolution Department. The tech support was very good. In the end I was told this was "working as intended". Since I was past my 30 days to return, there is nothing they could do for me. When I asked if I could get a discount on a monitor that has a display port, I was told they would call my account team. So I am relegated to using the old vga technology.

Consider how this limitation will affect you and your business. Security is critical these days. I will be looking into Lenovo or HP systems. I suggest you do the same before buying a latitude from Dell.

This is the first time I write a review. I had used quite a few laptops in the past and I just got this Latitude E6530 yesterday. It is a very powerful computer. I think it is not fair to give 1 star for a good product, and that is the reason I put my 2 cents in here.

Buy Dell Latitude E6530 Laptop Computer - 3rd gen Intel Core i5-3230M Processor (2.6GHz, 3M cache) Now

New Latitude e6530 looks great, BUT essentially is not usable. Dell decided to shift the keyboard to the very left and add the full numeric pad (for what?). As a result:

-you essentially having space of 12" laptop to put you hands on (that is none!)

-you can not keep it on your lap, as you type on the left part of the laptop and it falls down

-you mistype all the time since keyboard and your hands are on the left of the center of the screen

There are other ergonomic blunders: sharp metallic edge around laptop is unpleasantly cold and hurts your hands, touch pad is too close to the edge. After 3 days of working on this laptop my left hand became dysfunctional and hurts.Also surfaces and in particular fancy cover soils easily. I have older Dell Latitude and it seems that it was made by an entirely different company.

Don't buy this, unless all you intend to do is to calculate you gains/losses on the numeric pad.

Read Best Reviews of Dell Latitude E6530 Laptop Computer - 3rd gen Intel Core i5-3230M Processor (2.6GHz, 3M cache) Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment