Dell Inspiron 17R 17.3" (900P) Laptop Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz, 6GB, 1TB, R/W, Windows 8 ---Purple

Dell Inspiron 17R 17.3' Laptop Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz, 6GB, 1TB, R/W, Windows 8 ---PurpleI researched different laptops with 17.3" screens through Amazon as well as other online sellers. This is an additional computer in my home (downstairs versus upstairs office). Price was less than similar laptops as color selection was either Purple or Pink. I like purple. :)

Product delivery was as scheduled (through Amazon Prime). Box was not damaged; product intact. When I fired up the laptop, the battery was fully charged. Setup through Windows 8 was an adjustment as I am upgrading from Windows XP.

I have now had the product for two weeks and am totally satisfied. The screen resolution is excellent. I must admit I am still getting used to Windows 8, but that's a user problem. It works well with the wireless router I recently installed.

IMPORTANT: This laptop does not have any software pre-loaded other than Windows 8. If you do not already have Microsoft Office or other productivity software, you will need to buy it. Amazon had a special promotion for Microsoft Office 2013, so I bought that.

I would definitely recommend the product. :)

The good: Decent performance and design for a reasonable price; excellent battery life.

The bad: Not as customizable as previous Dells; too many built-in advertising pitches.

The bottom line: Dell's updated Inspiron line has a slightly revamped design, but more importantly still offers workhorse performance for a minimal investment.

Buy Dell Inspiron 17R 17.3" (900P) Laptop Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz, 6GB, 1TB, R/W, Windows 8 ---Purple Now

This is a great laptop. It boots up quickly, the memory is great, the screen resolution is very good (the overall specs are great for the price) and it looks very sleek and stylish (I love the purple). This is the very first time I'm using windows 8 and trust me I am NOT computer savy, but I don't know why people keep complaining about windows 8, its soooooo easy to operate, imagine my five year old can navigate her way around the apps. I give it five stars because the laptop is great (I like large screen laptops) and windows 8 is GREAT(very user friendly).

Read Best Reviews of Dell Inspiron 17R 17.3" (900P) Laptop Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz, 6GB, 1TB, R/W, Windows 8 ---Purple Here

So, I received my pretty purple Dell Inspiron 17R last week. I have been using it for about 5 days now. So far, everything is good! I LOVE the computer, but I am NOT in love with Windows 8, but from what I have read and heard from others, I don't think that many people are. If you MUST get a computer with Windows 8, don't worry...there are lots of places online in which you can download software to make your Windows 8 desktop look more like Windows 7, so don't let that deter you from getting this computer. The only other thing that I don't LOVE about this computer is the screen resolution. I have bad eyes and the screen is not as sharp as I would love for it to be, but it also isn't that big of a deal. I am a college student and I spend LOTS of time using my computer. The first day I used this computer, I had a really bad headache...it could have been caused by looking at the computer screen or it could have been caused by many other factors. I'm just kind of bummed that the screen isn't as crisp as that of my old HP laptop. Other than that little minor thing, this computer is AWESOME!! I LOVE the "island" keys on the keyboard and the overall feel of this computer. It's a really "beefy" looking computer. It's also pretty! (Yes, I am a girl that likes pretty things! :o) ) When I opened the box, both my 4 year old and 6 year old gasped and said, "OOHH! WOW!!" Of course they might have had that same reaction about a box within a box. ;-) I am still figuring this computer out and I don't have a lot of "techie" knowledge, so I can't offer too much, but I can say that I do really like this computer and am happy with my purchase. :-)

Want Dell Inspiron 17R 17.3" (900P) Laptop Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz, 6GB, 1TB, R/W, Windows 8 ---Purple Discount?

The computer was a good deal on a good product. However, registering the warranty on the refurbished unit was not fun! I could not get technical help from Dell until I provided the seller's name. I never did get that information. Computer Geeks of California was the sellerto me. But, they were unable/unwilling to give me the actual seller's name. I contacted them twice, and was given two seller names. Neither was correct. The woman I spoke to claimed to be the internet sales manager. She said that she was familiar with all refurbished sales. Her offhanded answers to my request were not helpful, and caused me considerable grief. In the end Dell checked to be sure the computer was not stolen, and registered the warranty without the information. Dell was very helpful. Computer Geeks was not. I selected Computer Geeks from a list of sellers because they were a big company. Their price was not the lowest. I thought a big company would give better customer service. It didn't turn out that way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment