HP Pavilion DV6-1050US 16.0-Inch Laptop (2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 400 G

HP Pavilion DV6-1050US 16.0-Inch Laptop1. Bus Speed is 800Mhz. In the laptop world, this would be right between slow and fast. If you a casual user (watch youtube while checking your e-mail and writing a report), this will be sufficient.

If you like to do multiple things at once (extended desktop to create dual screen enviroment, move large files to and from external HDs, burn a cd, with video(s) playing and a music production progam running) my recommendation is that you become familar with tweeking your Vista settings or buy a more powerful computer. It's not that it can't handle such lofty requests, it can. It will just be slow/will lock up.

2. Comes with 4Gb DDR2 (2x2GB). Now, this will be MORE than enough RAM for almost anyone. But what if you dream big and want to be a desktop in laptop's clothing? It's upgradable to 8GB, which is rare for a laptop. For the most part, 8 Gb laptop RAM (2 x 4GB) doesn't exsist. If you can find it, it will be at least $250+. HP Build a laptop states that a 8GB upgrade would be $400. Why would you need this much ram? I cannot say. This may be useful in the future, I do not know.

3. Harddrive speed is 5400RPM. This goes back to how much multi-accessing you do. 7200RPM would be nice, but not necessary.

4. Bloatware. I'm not really sure why this is much of a complaint in regards of any computer. Windows/Control Panel has a build in remove software feature that can remove most software completely in a short period of time. I'm sure that some computers come with INSANE programs that are so integrated into Windows, you must have a court order and holy water to remove it from your life. If you don't like the in house program, there is 3rd party softwere (free & pay) out there that claims to do a more through job cleaning out the gunk.

5. The Vista experience is rated at 3.8. Just a FYI.

6. This really isn't a "gaming" PC. It's just not. Spades, No problem. Minesweep until you can't see straight. It's your world baby. Crysis (and if you know what this game is, you know what I'm gonna say next) ain't happpening. BUT, if someone wants to try it on this notebook, please leave a comment on this review and let me know how that goes.

7. There is a slot in the PC that holds the mini remote control. On the left side of the laptop. COOOOOOOOOLLLLL! At least I think so.

8. Do I like this laptop. I do. It's not the fanciest thing on the market, but for the price, it's good.

I have only had this for five or so days but i am in love with it already lol.

I am a amateur photogrpher and i already have a bunch of photos stored on it, the space on this is great!

I have been on about eight or nine different sites (including youtube) at once and they are all as fast as just haveing one open.

The web cam is good quality, with great effects. the mic is crystal clear.

The lightscribe is great, even though it isnt in color i definitely prefer it over labels.

Oh, the only thing i wasnt looking forward to was the fact that the battery only last two hours. But it actually last about 4 hours, and that is with the laptop open and being used for four hours straight.

Buy HP Pavilion DV6-1050US 16.0-Inch Laptop (2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 400 G Now

I shopped around and believe me, this is the best "Bang for the Buck" around. I no longer really play games, so the Intel integrated video being the only weak point was no big deal. ***Amazon's Ethernet Specs are Wrong*** This unit does NOT have Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100mb connection only. But everything else is top notch. Core 2 Duo 2.0, Beautiful 16" 720P HD Screen, Vista 64bit Premium (Do yourself a favor and buy the Upgrade to Ultimate 64bit), 320GB HD, 4GB Ram, eSATA, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, docking port, Wireless N!!!, remote and this is one gorgeous laptop.

I added a Gigabit Ethernet Express Card for $50, from Amazon, to make this laptop perfect.

This is a case of "You get MORE than what you pay for..."

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion DV6-1050US 16.0-Inch Laptop (2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 400 G Here

I fell in love with this machine the instant I saw its specs and looks in Amazon... I got it delivered and the first problem I had was that the computer was described as having an internal bluetooth antenna, which after searching how to start it for half and hour and chatting with HP I realized it was not there! I got a discount from Amazon for this "mistake" which seems to happen quite frequently (I had the same problem with a Toshiba Satellite I purchased a while ago). The 64bit Vista is rather problematic than helpful. I am considering either upgrading to Ultimate or downgrade to 32bit. Although its processor is ranked as "genious" and it brings 4gb of ram I have runned tests with my old Toshiba running 32 bit Vista with a slower processor and with half the ram and time after time my new HP gets beaten!!!!!!!!!!!! I experience so many software related problems I cannot feel satisfied a single day about my purchase! The speakers and volume control give so many problems as well: I place the laptop in "mute" and still I get a fraction of a second of the beep of the instant messenger I use; the speakers are always making this noise like the power was just turned on; the volume control is non-responsive and then when it finally answers my command, it gets stuck both visually and audible. I still doubt that this machine can be expanded up to 8gb of ram as the specs in Amazon advertise, but I have not checked this yet. I guess I will get further disappointed... It's a shame that I feel this way for a laptop I found so captivating and (thought) powerful... Now I bought an xb3000 expansion base (which is advertised as the compatible one for the dv6) and I found myself with the obligation to purchase a new A/C adapter since the laptop AC should work with the base but guess what? the dv6 AC is too big for the base!!! So there you can add $50 extra if you decide to get the whole bunch. Bottom line: You can get the same performance with a cheaper, more convenient model and save yourself a lot of hassle... Sad but true!

Want HP Pavilion DV6-1050US 16.0-Inch Laptop (2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 400 G Discount?

This is my very 1st laptop, and 2nd HP computer. Originally I was looking for another desktop, as I didn't feel I could afford a laptop with decent specs. But I came across this while browsing. The price point was very good and I couldn't believe how loaded it was. Very fast, love the HD briteview wide screen. Loads up in decent time, even with all the bloatware and preinstalled Norton crap. It also has a handy little remote to run HP's media center. All in all I am very pleased with this computer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment