Samsung R540-JA04 15.6-Inch Laptop (Silver)

Samsung R540-JA04 15.6-Inch LaptopI've had this computer for a week and so far, so great!! It took about 15 minutes to set up right out of the box which is amazingly fast compared to some computers I have purchased. What saved a boat load of time was not having to create a back up system restoration CD since it came with one -that right there made me fall in love with Samsung! I love the keyboard because there is a little bit of space between each letter so you can feel if your fingers start to move off the key -I sometimes have problems typing on laptops because the keys butt right up to one another. The "mouse pad" is better than a lot of other laptops I tested at the store but I still bought a wireless mouse. I was able to sync the laptop up to my wireless router and network it to my desktop computer (which is still running XP) pretty effortlessly, and I am by no means an IT person. I can now print from my laptop to the printer that is hooked up to my desktop computer via the router and network. LOVE IT! The battery doesn't seem to be the best out there. It seems to keep my laptop powered for maybe a little more than four hours, which is just fine for me but some other people might want to purchase a longer lasting battery. The battery pack does have a button that you can press to see how much "juice" is left so you can test it without having to turn the computer on. That was something I didn't expect to find but is a really nice feature that I'm glad to have.

The i3 processor is pretty quick and I'm really glad I didn't cheap out and go with anything less than the i3. I tested the camera just to make sure it works and it was pretty easy to use. I don't skype or anything so I probably won't use it much but it is nice to know it's there if I need it. The speakers sound ok nothing like the Boston speakers and sub I have on my desktop, but hey, this is a laptop. They are definitely not the worst laptop speakers I have ever heard and they have a decent volume to them.

It didn't come loaded with a bunch of crap software like some other computers I have purchased. Again, loving Samsung for that! It did come preloaded with Skype, Adobe Reader, and some games.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with this laptop and I would definitely make the same decision to purchase. I guess only time will tell on whether or not I will still love it in a year but right out the box it is awesome.

I think Samsung is becoming quality leader in computers and tvs.You get Sony quality without paying Sony prices.The computer came as ordered in a few days ,and I was very impressed with the beauty and quality of the Samsung.I registered and was informed that Samsung had added 3 more months to my warranty .Now that's what I call a great company.Setup was easy even for a non techie.I was surprised to find a watered down Word & Excel which was great since I never used all the functions of Word .Since Outlook express is no longer available ,I researched a little and downloaded Thunderbird and then found thet Microsoft had an email client called Windows Live Mail which is an improvement over Outlook Express .Setup was great ,I just typed in my email address and my password and that was it.No more configuring incoming ,outgoing, Windows took care of that .So far this laptop boots fast and is a pleasure to work with.I purchased Rebit5 a recovery system which I bought with 1tb hardrive and backed up everyhing .If I had one complaint it would be the computer is a little on the heavy side and the battery only last around 3 1/2 hours .But I come back to the reason I bought this laptop ,where do you get a computer like this for $499.99 ?

Buy Samsung R540-JA04 15.6-Inch Laptop (Silver) Now

I love this laptop! It has everything I need and the price was affordable. My only complaint is I ordered a silver one and they sent me a brown one. The brown shows every fingerprint, I am very disappointed about this! I do not feel like going thru the return process so I will deal with it.

Read Best Reviews of Samsung R540-JA04 15.6-Inch Laptop (Silver) Here

Bought this laptop for my mom and she loves it. The price was perfect for the amount of performance. It is a great laptop for emails, pictures, videos, and business.

Want Samsung R540-JA04 15.6-Inch Laptop (Silver) Discount?

I usually trust Samsung computers but not this one. Adult owned.

ProcessorThe i3 is slow and cannot handle multiple processes at once.

MemoryPrograms constantly crash and computer freezes because of lack of memory.

CameraThe built in webcamera is very laggy.

Mousepadvery sensitive to moisture on fingers.

Hard DriveDecent size amount of storage.

CompatibilityDoes not like to play nice with anything I plug into it.

For the amount of money paid for this machine I am very disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment