Toshiba Satellite S875-S7356 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum)

Toshiba Satellite S875-S7356 17.3-Inch LaptopGreat screen resolution, and the built in software that makes older DVDs look better actually works. Energy saver cuts in automatically if you leave the screen open and forget about it. The keyboard feels great, it's just like a full size desk top KB. The two button cursor pad reacts quickly and is easy to use with one hand. It is set up as an on line entertainment PC, so if you want to use it for work, about half the software on the computer is completely useless. Windows 8 comes with a start page, which is just an extra step to get where you want to be. It is obviously designed for internet touch screen devices and it's a useless addition for a device without a touch screen, but that's more a comment about W8 than about this computer. It's plug and play with everything I connected to it so far, so no installation CDs required for any of my devices. Logged on to the internet and it immediately registered Windows and was ready to go. Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 is just as bad as all the previous versions, so I replaced it with the latest version of Firefox. A lot of software on there either expires in 30 days or you have to sign up immediately to use, which is pretty much what you get on every computer, unlike the good old days when you got free full versions of things like MS Word, complete with install disk, which I just installed on this computer and it works just fine, so I don't have to pay Microsoft for new versions of the same old software! For work use, the speed and memory are more than sufficient, but I just spent a few hours playing the free Penguins game on it, and it only stalled once, I don't know why maybe because I touched the pad with two fingers and it was confused. Only had it a week, but no problems yet.

I only wish this came with Windows Vista! I know that many might like Win 8, but the software I use in my business cannot run on it. I'm at a standstill untill I can get Win 8 offand transfer old files via Vista. Not Toshiba or Microsoft's fault, but would be AWESOME if buyers could choose which OS was to be loaded on their purchase.

Buy Toshiba Satellite S875-S7356 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum) Now

Love everything about the laptop BUT not thrilled with Windows 8. Should have a classic view setup, so you can get around quicker.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite S875-S7356 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum) Here

When I received this I was having problems from the start with connecting to my mobile hotspot. My old computer there was no problems. So the first call they blamed it on interface problems with Windows 8, after asking my Grandson to attempt to hook up with his Dell/Windows 8, he had no problems connecting to my hotspot. So I returned the call and I was given a royal run around. They said they could fix my problem if I purchased a additional $149. level 3 tech assist package. After spending almost 2 hours on the phone with them trying to resolve my problem, one hour with my Son who is a network engineer I finally gave up and returned the computer.

Why should I have to pay $149. to get a new out of the box computer to work? Only plus with this transaction was Amazon's return policy! In addition, the call center is in the Phillipines and the accents are so profound that it's almost impossible to understand.

Want Toshiba Satellite S875-S7356 17.3-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue Brushed Aluminum) Discount?

it took me a while to figure out windows 8 but since I have I like the computer. I thought it was the computer but it was me who had to learn something new.

Save 13% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment