HP G60-535DX Laptop Notebook - Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4300 2.1GHz / 3GB DDR2 / 320GB HD / 15.6" L

HP G60-535DX Laptop Notebook - Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4300 2.1GHz / 3GB DDR2 / 320GB HD / 15.6' LCD / Built-in webcam with microphone / Windows 7 Home PremiumI concur with Ms. Philpott -Before purchasing a G60 ANYWHERE, you should know that there are serious issues with the internal microphone and external microphone jack. The sound cuts in and out, most often completely failing. There is quite a discussion taking place on the HP forum boards about it. People are upset, disgusted, and downright angry.

Because the problem affects both the internal and external microphones, using the mic jack will not fix the problem. Some people have resorted to using USB microphones to get around the issue, but are not happy that they have to buy a piece of equipment to work around something that should just work...as advertised.

If you don't care about using a microphone for Skype calls or other recording activities, then you won't care that the microphone doesn't work. There are many of us, though, who feel we bought defective laptops.

Do research. Check the HP forums. Be aware of what you are purchasing.

I have no beef with any business selling the G60 Series of laptops unless they are aware of the problem and continue to sell them without informing customers of a known issue. I have no proof any business is doing this, and will not make any accusations that this is happening. Businesses must rely on customer input and product recall notifications from manufacturers. If they have not been made aware by HP or have not had more than a few customer complaints, they are not going to stop selling the G60-535DX -or any other G60 Series laptop with sound issues.

Make sure you know what you are getting by doing research. The HP forums will tell you all you need to know.

I bought the G60 back in December, solely because I needed a computer and it was urgent. I had about 600 to spend and I went with the HP (a bold move on my part, as I never have enjoyed HP products). It seemed to be an alright computer, at first, but upon inspection I found, like most others, that the microphone simply does not work. And I, like most others, spent many hours dealing with tech support and jumping through hoops. I sent my laptop in once, not being able to get a portable hard drive for backup so I had to use DVDs: a very unreliable form of backup. I took the risk and they wiped my hard drive as they said they would, and when I got the laptop back the problem had not been fixed. They left a "test" file on the desktop, which was literally half a second of a man saying "test." Not only is that not a sufficient test of the microphone (since the audio cuts out about every half second), but it shows how seriously the techs take their jobs. After I received my laptop and found that two of the six DVDs I used to back my data up didn't write correctly, I noticed the microphone still didn't work and I went straight back to tech support.

At this point they attempted to run me through all of the same hoops. I let them know very quickly that I updated my BIOS, I ran a system restore, I updated my drivers, I sent my laptop in. This was the end of the line. That was when they decided to give me the news; after all of the stress I went through, they waited until then to tell me that it was a compatibility issue and there was no solution for it. At that point I demand they reimburse me for the cost of a computer's microphone, and since the jack didn't work it would have to be a USB-powered alternative. They avoided the issue and tried to tell me there was nothing they could do. I was never compensated for the money I spent on a faulty problem.

But even more than that, another problem arose. The DC jack on my laptop for the charger has become very loose. The jack can be pushed deep into the case of the computer and it wobbles and detaches easily. I contacted HP about the problem, and they said they would send a box for me to return the laptop to them to get fixed. But what I don't understand is that when I send it to them this time, for a problem that does not in any way require the computer being powered on, they still insist I back up my data because they are going to restore it to default settings.

My point here is, do not buy this product. Do not buy HP, their products are all faulty and fail much quicker than other products. They operate under such a standardized code that they will do absolutely anything in their power to run circles around your issues and not solve your problems. Bad company, bad products, bad customer service.

Buy HP G60-535DX Laptop Notebook - Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4300 2.1GHz / 3GB DDR2 / 320GB HD / 15.6" L Now

First let me say I have had many HP products I have been happy with but sadly this is not one of them.

The microphone does not work. And they can't fix it, but are making many people jump through hoops. Some people have gotten several replacements from the stores where they purchased them same problem over and over. Many people have wasted HOURS online with tech support or mailing the computer in to HP, only to have it returned saying it can't be fixed.

Most of us are being told HP has not heard of anyone else with this problem. There are several forum threads on HP's own website forum, where people are complaining about this.

Here is the main threadI don't want to trash HP BUT I don't want anyone else to buy this model (Or maybe any HP G series I found a few other models people were having trouble with in the forum and a review at Staples about a newer model with the same problem).

AND we want HP to sit up and take notice and DO something about this problem.

Please do not buy this model if there is any chance you will need a microphone that works you will only be disappointed or worse.

Read Best Reviews of HP G60-535DX Laptop Notebook - Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4300 2.1GHz / 3GB DDR2 / 320GB HD / 15.6" L Here

I purchased the HP G60-535DX notebook (laptop) PC in November 2009. About every 1-2 weeks, it has a power problem, where the notebook will not turn on, with or without a battery, with or without an AC adapter connected. We know there is power because of a light where the AC adapter connects. I contacted HP support. They said it is a static build up problem on the motherboard. To resolve (temporarily), you have to eject the battery and disconnect the AC power. Then press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Then put the battery back in. It turns on. HP did not have a resolution, but to return it for repair. Not bad enough for me to do that. I can see on the web that other people are having the same problem. One person returned several times, and all had the same problem. So this is my only major problem with this notebook PC so far.

It is nice, as it has a full keyboard with numeric keypad, 3GB ram, 320 GB hard drive, and Windows 7 Home Premium. It also has Altec Lansing stereo speakers and a smooth touch pad.

My only other (minor) gripe about this notebook is that the screen is glossy, so has a glare. I don't care for the glare, but it is tolerable most of the time.

Overall, I like this notebook PC. I have had it for 6 months now, and plan to keep it. But if I had the choice, with the power problem, I would get another model instead.

Want HP G60-535DX Laptop Notebook - Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4300 2.1GHz / 3GB DDR2 / 320GB HD / 15.6" L Discount?

There is a known hardware issue with this laptop. As other comments have stated, the power button often doesn't turn on. Removing the battery and holding the power button does turn it on eventually, however... this is a waste of time and very inconvenient. Save yourself some hassle and DO NOT buy this laptop. HP is aware of this issue, yet there have been no recalls yet... everyone that owns this or other "G60" models that have this problem need to complain. Very unacceptable. Other than that the computer works fine... but get one that is reliable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment