ASUS Zenbook UX21E-DH52 11.6-Inch Thin and Light Ultrabook (Silver Aluminum)

ASUS Zenbook UX21E-DH52 11.6-Inch Thin and Light UltrabookToo many problems: screen malfunction, charger shorted, and a weak signal from the wireless chip. Avoid.

(This was originally a long, somewhat positive review, but too many problems caused a short rewrite.)

In a nutshell: the keyboard just sucks. It's horrible, terrible. I can't emphasize enough..if you are normally a fast typist, like I am, then this keyboard will make you mad. It doesn't register keypresses! WTH!

That said, everything else about this little machine is amazing. Screen is beautiful, it's fast, it boots in like 6 seconds! Strangers at the airport (I live at airports) flip when they see this machine.

Still, I'm considering returning it. The keyboard on any machine of mine MUST be an extension of my fingers...

Buy ASUS Zenbook UX21E-DH52 11.6-Inch Thin and Light Ultrabook (Silver Aluminum) Now

You want a computer that is powerful enough to do real work. You also want something that has great battery life and is really portable. Oh yeah, you want it to look nice too. This machine is terrific and feels rock solid. It also has nice finishes like matching sleeve and case for the included wired ethernet and VGA video out dongles.

Pros

Super fast power-on, wake, and shut-down/sleep -> no waiting around for the machine to be ready to do work

The trackpad is silky smooth and very responsive and right clicking is done by pressind down the bottom right corner of the track pad

Very light but rock solid

Brushed metal looks very sleek and feels great

Cons

Two finger scrolling is a bit jerky at times

Takes a bit of practice to learn how to open the clamshell case

Read Best Reviews of ASUS Zenbook UX21E-DH52 11.6-Inch Thin and Light Ultrabook (Silver Aluminum) Here

After reading a lot of reviews about the "flawed" keyboard and trackpad on this laptop, I was hesitant to buy it.

I'm a college student; I was looking for something super-portable to take to grad school, but more powerful than a netbook so I could process data. I admit, I went for the zenbook because, let's face it, it's just so darn cute!

After three months, I'm thrilled with this laptop.

The trackpad works fine. I disabled zoom functions because I kept accidentally zooming, but left on twoand three-finger scrolling, which work fine.

The touchpad will occasionally throw a temper tantrum and start behaving erratically. This happens about once a month, and all it takes to fix is a reboot, which takes about fifteen seconds. It usually happens after I have been using the computer for about a week without a real shut-down(and continuously postponing my update installs).

The keyboard is also fine once you get used to it.

It only took me a couple hours to stop missing keys; you do have to press them with a little more conviction than you do on other laptops, but it doesn't take long to learn.

That said, I'm a petite lady with tiny hands; I find the keyboard comfortable. If you've got bigger hands you might have more trouble.

I like the screen size, too, but my roommates complain that it is too small to watch a movie in a group. Solution: watch the movie on my roommate's laptop. Problem solved.

It is tiny but not fragile. The case that comes with it is attractive and means I don't worry about shoving it in my backpack and running off to class. I also love being able to pick it up with one hand and no effort.

The internet connectivity is great (some other reviews had mentioned bad wireless cards. Mine works perfectly.)

Yes, the power button is on the keyboard where the delete key should be. I've never hit it accidentally, but if I did, it would take about five seconds for me to wake the computer back up, so what's the problem?

To sum up:

Size and portability are awesome.

No trouble with internet.

Trackpad and keyboard are fine once you get used to them.

This laptop makes me happy every time I use it. Even when I am using it to do my Physical Chemistry homework. I am thrilled and recommend it to everyone with no reservations. I hope you love it, too.

Want ASUS Zenbook UX21E-DH52 11.6-Inch Thin and Light Ultrabook (Silver Aluminum) Discount?

I really love this laptop. I first purchased the 13 inch version. I loved it so much that I bought a second one (11") for my wife. both of them are super fast. Resume time is always 2 seconds so it makes it awesome for travel and quick starts. Restart is only 20 seconds. Killer travel machine. Plan on getting a bluetooth mouse. The mouse isnt the best. I use it but it should loose a star or 1/2 star for the mouse. Love them both. I got 25% off retail price during the 2011 holidays. Makes it a no brainer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment