DELL Inspiron 1720 17" Widescreen Notebook, 2.0GHz INTEL CORE 2 DUO, WiFi, 4GB RAM, 320GB, CDRW/DVD

DELL Inspiron 1720 17' Widescreen Notebook, 2.0GHz INTEL CORE 2 DUO, WiFi, 4GB RAM, 320GB, CDRW/DVDRW+DL, Webcam, Bluetooth, Windows Vista Home PremiumI ordered a Dell Inspiron laptop 1 1/2 years ago and it worked great until recently. The screen went black and the system would not start. Turned out that the video card had failed.

I contacted Dell customer support to activate my next business day warranty and after more than a week I have gotten nowhere with them. My claim has been "escalated" twice with the same excuses and refusal to fix the problem. They claim they have no video cards in stock and I will have to wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement card, 2-3 weeks for a loaner system, or 2-3 weeks for a replacement system -basically my NEXT DAY warranty is anything but.

I explained that this is a mission critical system and a 2-3 week delay is unacceptable given the high price I paid for the next day warranty. I offered to take another make or model of graphics card and even offered to go buy the card myself if the agreed to pay

for it.

They refused to help in any way. So, I am left with a useless laptop for 2-3 weeks until it becomes convenient for them to honor the

warranty. I will never buy another Dell product again and recommend that others who are not technically experienced with fixing computers or that need a "mission critical" system that they look elsewhere because Dell cannot be relied upon to fix broken systems in a timely manner.

Dear Users,

I have just commited a blunder by getting this trouble home. The Inspiron 1720 has caused me so much anxiety and waste of time for me. The blue screen popsup and keeps restarting. the updates of the VGA drivers dont fix like its mentioned in the dell support site and the support team doesnt have any answers either. The system hasnt been properly tested b4 it was brought out and I have been denied exchange with another model. I bought a new sony vaio and it works fine. rot in hell inspiron 1720.

Buy DELL Inspiron 1720 17" Widescreen Notebook, 2.0GHz INTEL CORE 2 DUO, WiFi, 4GB RAM, 320GB, CDRW/DVD Now

After few months problems with the blue screen. I can not use the notebook because of this issue. I sent it to Dell. Again after some time the same problem occures. It is not worth its price.

Read Best Reviews of DELL Inspiron 1720 17" Widescreen Notebook, 2.0GHz INTEL CORE 2 DUO, WiFi, 4GB RAM, 320GB, CDRW/DVD Here

After paying Dell nearly $600 to fix their problems in May 2010, this computer has now failed again with the same problems. My computer guy told me to call it a lesson learned and stop wasting my money fixing it. I ordered an HP. No more Dells in this house after this piece of trash.

Want DELL Inspiron 1720 17" Widescreen Notebook, 2.0GHz INTEL CORE 2 DUO, WiFi, 4GB RAM, 320GB, CDRW/DVD Discount?

I agree with the other reviews. I bought the Dell 1720 laptop online after a bit of research (not enough obviously) and I have had noting but problems. Blue screens, video card crashes, incompatible software. This laptop cannot perform the simplest tasks without struggling. This product should be recalled and blacklisted.

The after-sales support was horrendous no one knew how to fix the laptop after hours & hours on-hold with Indian Call centres. Once elevated, they could do nothing further, not even a refund or exchange. I will be sending them a legal letter shortly, considering the amount I paid and the promises made.

STAY AWAY FROM ANY PRODUCT WHERE YOU CANNOT WALK INTO A STORE, GET FACE-TO-FACE CUSTOMER SERVICES AND GET A REFUND!!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING DELL!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment