Sony VAIO F2 Series VPCF232FX/B 16.4-Inch Laptop (Matte Black)

Sony VAIO F2 Series VPCF232FX/B 16.4-Inch LaptopSony VAIO F2 Series VPCF232FX/B 16.4-Inch Laptop is not just another computer. It delivers on all advertised features but the best is the speed of the processor, I7 intel and the quality of the picture (full 1080P resolution). My unit came with only 4 gigs of ram upgradable to 8 gigs and a 500 gig hard drive but was just under a grand. For games you might need more ram.

This is supposed to be a gamer laptop but I have been editing video and working on my website and once you take a break and watch a blue-ray movie it is mesmerizing and gratifying to see every detail in animated action films. This is a tool for the professional so it is priced in the pro bracket but worth every penny. I have only had it for a couple of months but I cant find a fault

in this package. Even the battery holds up for about 5 hours. There is a higher capacity battery if you need one. It comes with plenty of software, even Sony editing software. I saved big with no tax and free shipping through Amazon. If you have a need for speed, quality, and portability this will fill the bill.

I purchased this notebook for home use to replace my old 17" Vaio, WinXP, Pentium4, 60GB HD notebook which I used almost 8 years absolutely free of trouble. My old Vaio was still working but after installing so many applications and Windows updates (these accumulate) C drive(10GB) was suffocating. I decided to look for a new one before something bad would happen. As I have used Vaios since the time it first came out as desktop model 18 years ago and those I used were all reliable and long-lasting I had no reason to look for other brands. I selected this model because this has full HD screen, Blue-ray player, the fast i7 processor, with all of which I can do many things for several years from now. The size 16.4" was just right to replace my old one, and the price was also reasonable and came with $50 Amazon gift card. I could use the card for purchasing a fitness bike I wanted too.

I have used this notebook for two months and two weeks so far. While installing some applications in the first week I noticed something was preventing full installation. So I uninstalled pre-loaded anti-virus software and replaced it with another one which came free with RoadRunner cable. Since then all applications installed smoothly. When purchasing this laptop I didn't pay much attention to pre-loaded software, but exploring the notebook I noticed it came with video-editing and music-editing applications. Therefore I didn't have to look for Windows7 upgrade of my old video-editing software. Also, as I'm interested in playing around with Miku-like vocaloid, I can use the pre-loaded music-editing software to compose background music to go with vocaloid. I already downloaded many free loops available at the applications websites but I need to learn more about composing.

The laptop automatically looks for updates of system and Vaio softwares and notifies you when available. I just had such a notice a week ago and when I click "intall", several updates were downloaded from Vaio sites and installed one by one into the laptop. My major use of this laptop so far (only two months) is for editing photos, images, videos, web-browsing while listening music, I haven't done any heavy stuff yet. But everything has been fast and smooth so far and I don't feel I need to add another 4GB RAM anytime soon. The Internet button is convenient. I push it to check email and browse the web for a short time after I come home from work during the weekdays. During the weekend I always keep the laptop on and put it in the sleep mode when not using. It wakes up quickly and wireless connection hasn't failed once. As this is my home pc, I disabled the touchpad. I always use a wireless mouse instead. I'm much more confortable placing the screen farther from my eyes than my arms reach, and this way also allows me to have a cup of tea or coffee and a snack or desert plate between the laptop and me, not worrying about spills and splashes. So far I'm very happy with my new Vaio.

Buy Sony VAIO F2 Series VPCF232FX/B 16.4-Inch Laptop (Matte Black) Now

I saw many laptops include Apple and Dell. They are all more than $2000. But the picture of Sony F laptop is sooo sharp and make me shock! My model is SOVPCF23JFXB which is different with this one. But basic hardware and software are the same. I NEVER had such experience to use this kind of computer. My sony computer was designed for game. I found that it is not good for game. It very good for home theater.

The shortcoming is that sony default setting using intel graphic card to save energy. I turned it on and updated the software by clicking "Sony update". Guess what, the result is amazing!

Read Best Reviews of Sony VAIO F2 Series VPCF232FX/B 16.4-Inch Laptop (Matte Black) Here

I researched my laptop purchase extensively before I shelled out my hard-earned cash, and for the price, this is the most bang for your buck in a souped-up laptop (i7 Quad Processor, 1920 x 1080 screen resolution, usb 3.0, blu-ray...). While I'm not a gamer, I am a power-user nonetheless. This model has a great (customizable in the Control Panel) backlit keyboard...essential for a DJ or in flight...no other laptop in this price range has it...Plus, it's beautiful and angular, and really stands out among the 'plasticky-looking' models in it's class. Do yourself a favor and throw a 4GB memory card into your cart for $22 (here on amazon [Corsair 4 GB DDR3 Laptop Memory CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9])...remove the memory cover on the bottom, and there's an empty slot right there waiting for it, (it snaps right in with no tools) and it doubles your memory and speed instantly.

I also swapped out the spinning harddrive with a no-moving parts 120 GB Solid State Drive ($99 at Tigerdirect) and this baby is really zippy, and generates almost no heat...I can't hear the fan at all. With the SSD, this laptop is actually cool to the touch...30 seconds to boot Windows 7, less than 2 seconds to open any Office app, about 4 seconds for Photoshop. All the software/drivers you need for a new install is at Sony.com, and even though it took some time, it's worth it and pretty easy.

All and all I am quite happy...my last Viao lasted three years of DJ nights and days of Adobe and Office...the fan was so loud, you could hear it from across the room. This new F Series is almost silent, the 1080p HD is gorgeous, and I can actually hear great sound from the speakers (Can't say that about my macbook pro)...Love it!

Want Sony VAIO F2 Series VPCF232FX/B 16.4-Inch Laptop (Matte Black) Discount?

I never owned a Sony laptop before I bought this one. All the research I did on this laptop before I bought it said that it's a great computer. Even the feedback here on Amazon shows that people are happy with their purchase.

Here's the problem I had with mine. It would lockup and windows would give me a blue screen error saying that it was shutting down to prevent damage to my computer. This would happen at random times when I was using software programs; and it would also happen when the laptop was sitting idle with no software running. I spent 2 days researching what could be causing this problem. Some of my research showed that it could be a hardware problem and other research showed it could be software related. So the big question was: Is this something my software caused or did it come with this problem from the factory.

I deleted all my programs and files and reinstalled windows (Using a copy of Windows that I purchased from Staples). That didn't fix the problem. So I chatted with Amazon customer service and without hesitation they agreed to send me another laptop (same model) and pay for the original laptop to be sent back to them. That's great! Amazon definitely knows how to take care of customers. I'm very happy with how Amazon helped me.

So the new laptop arrived a few days later. To make a long story short; I had the same problems again. Again I hopped on chat with Amazon customer service and they said since I am having the same problem with both laptops that it would be best to refund my money and they will take a look at their entire batch of this model of Sony laptops to see if they all have the same problem.

Again, I'm very happy with how Amazon helped me with this problem. They even refunded my original shipping costs. So Amazon lost money on the deal. But they made sure I was taken care of.

I ended up purchasing a Samsung laptop with most of the same features that the Sony had. I've been running it for almost a week now and have not had the blue screen error at all. So I'm pretty sure the problem was with the Sony laptop.

My advice: Check with Amazon to see if they have inspected this batch of Sony laptops before buying one. But don't worry if you have a problem; Amazon with take care of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment