ASUS X501A 15.6 in. Pentium 500GB HDD Laptop

ASUS X501A 15.6 in. Pentium 500GB HDD LaptopIt was a great buy, don't regret it at all. It came in a very well packaged box. I guess that was my biggest concern but it came in, in perfect condition.

I've had my new laptop for 3 weeks. This is my first Asus. Light weight, user friendly, works well for me, so far so good.

Buy ASUS X501A 15.6 in. Pentium 500GB HDD Laptop Now

I bought this laptop from one sale a day. It looks well built, screen size is enormous. Screen is bright. Charge holds for more than 3 hours while working.

But the keyboard has issues. The space bar does not space unless you hit it in the center hard. I checked to see if anything was stuck below the space bar, but nothing I can see. All other keys are ok, but for some reason you cannot type without hitting the space bar multiple times and trust me you will not believe how challenging it is for normal users to type if the space bar does not do its thing with a normal tap. I have to go back and repeat spacing since all words jumble up. I am not able to see reviews of this issue or discussions. So I will wait to see if ASUS is willing to fix this for me.

Then the touch pad is also weird. This being Windows 8 and the touch pad is so sensitive, when I start typing my mail, I notice the screen jumping to random applications that are either open or trying to be invoked. I cannot put a finger on this issue because of the tiled nature of windows 8 and the new touch pad that is sensitive. Hence documenting just so you know I noticed that problem too.

When I reached out to One Sale a day support, they conveniently told me that this is covered by manufacturer warranty and so I can reach out to ASUS. ( It has been only 2 weeks since I bought this). I will see how that works.

Another issue is that this laptop is so big that it might not fit into many backpacks. So remember that if you want to lug this around while travelling it might be a challenge. But it still is a great looking screen and responsive laptop for this price point.

Read Best Reviews of ASUS X501A 15.6 in. Pentium 500GB HDD Laptop Here

The 2.4 ghz processor seems slow, but that may be windows 8; although, I have to wait for browser searches.

The mouse pad is difficult and flimsy.

Want ASUS X501A 15.6 in. Pentium 500GB HDD Laptop Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment