Dell Inspiron i17R-2248MRB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Mars Black)

Dell Inspiron i17R-2248MRB 17.3-Inch LaptopSo far so good. Bought this after a horrible experience with a brand new Toshiba. So far I like it. Good keyboard, beautiful screen. It's a little heavier than I'd hoped (the Toshiba with same screen was at least a pound lighter) but the sound quality on this model is killer. Best laptop sound I've ever run across. This is my first Dell; if it works out it won't be my last. Oh, the fan is a little noisy, but I suspect all these high powered machines run hot.

I am not a big fan of Dell. I am a macbook fan. But I really loved this laptop. I have been using this for over 4months now. I really liked this new line of Inspirons that dell started. I wasnt a big fan of the older inspirons.

Pros:

-very good configuration for that price.

-i got it for 730, after a few days it went down to 699. So current price(799) is a little high for it, and if you wait or try elsewhere you can get it for less.

-awesome display quality obviously because it is HD.

-too good audio quality. it is the best, and for those who need higher volume. Yes, this one gives higher volume too.

-very sturdy compared to the older inspirons, i really loved the design and sturdiness of it.

-very good placement of three usb ports(left,back,right), and has a card reader along with HDMI, vga display. it just has everything you might ever need.

-very good ventilation compared to any other laptop I have ever seen. It does not need another laptop cooler, it has just got enough fans and ventilators to maintain temperature.

Cons(not many):

-I thought this particular config had bluetooth also. either i misunderstood or amazon changed the description later. Anyway, it does NOT have bluetooth.

-ventilation and cooling is awesome, but it does make some sound which some might not like. im fine with it. its not much for me.

-usb placement is fine for me, but for some who might use portable hard drives and connect one to more than one usb ports for additional power to the drive. the placement is not very friendly for such purposes as the usb connector cable might not be that long for your device if it needs two ports.

Buy Dell Inspiron i17R-2248MRB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Mars Black) Now

The Dell Inspiron i17R-2248MRB turned out to be an excellent value. It's a pretty fast laptop with the i5 processor, its one bottleneck might be its on board video. The laptop scored in the Windows Experience Processor 6.7, RAM 5.9, Graphics 4.6, Gaming Graphics 5.3, and Primary hard drive a 5.8 , the keyboard layout is excellent and as an accounting student having a numeric keypad is a must for entering numbers into excel quickly. Although I don't like the awkward key combinations needed to use function keys, they require using the Fn key... I have seen the same awkward key combinations on HP laptops so its not a Dell problem. Every once in a while the laptop will freeze up and then continue to function normally. I read many people have experienced the same problem and it seems the particular hard drive used in this laptop might be to blame. I plan on replacing it with a 7200rmp WD black scorpio after the semester is over. Those HDs are pretty fast and inexpensive. The value is excellent and even better now. I have seen the price of this laptop drop by a hundred dollars at a popular office supply chain making it perhaps one of the best values for a 17.3" laptop with an i5 2.53ghz (2.8ghz turbo) processor with x64 Win 7 with subwoofer and eSata. The glossy design and polished aluminium is very attractive but its a fingerprint magnet. Battery life is less than 3 hours. Laptop doesn't become very hot like some others

Read Best Reviews of Dell Inspiron i17R-2248MRB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Mars Black) Here

So if your looking for a well put together group of features, you found it folks. Well put together over all , as another reviewer noted, its a bit heavy , but its other features overwhelm any desire to reflect to intently on that fact. In short media is crist fast and responsive. Audio is some of the best ive heard from an out of the box unit. I watched a movie on the device for the first time the other night and was stunned at the quality this screen has. I looked for better than a month at different products, it came down to this one , with the right price

Want Dell Inspiron i17R-2248MRB 17.3-Inch Laptop (Mars Black) Discount?

I had a older Dell computer so found this one on Amazon with a larger screen and it was a good price and ordered it. It arrived in about 2 days, was very easy to set up. It's a little different using Windows 7 but I really like it. I did have to buy a new computer as my old Dell printer was not compatible with Windows 7, but that was easy enough getting one for under $80.00 that does everything I need. I was really pleasantly surprised to plug in my Canon camera and it downloaded the pictures quickly without installation of software, and actually erased the pictures on my camera after asking.

I'm enjoying the web cam and talking with my son who lives in New York. I'm not the most computer wise person there is, but this computer makes it easy to get around and do the things I like. It is very fast, and this is one thing I was really hoping for as my older Dell's processor was getting slower. Amazon is a great place to order electronics, and I bought the extended warranty through Square Trade which proved much less expensive than if I had brought it through Dell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment