Lenovo ThinkPad W520 427638U 15.6" LED Notebook - Core i7 i7-2720QM 2.2GHz

Lenovo ThinkPad W520 427638U 15.6' LED Notebook - Core i7 i7-2720QM 2.2GHzFast, longish battery life, feels very robust, runs quiet, all the ports I need, and useful utility software for hotkeys and so forth.

I wish it had the large, smooth touchpad of my macbook pro, but the fantastic keyboard feel almost makes up for it.

Main downside is the huge power brick needed to run its monster processor. If you get a dock, be sure to get the compatible 170W model.

This laptop is an absolute disaster. It shuts down intermittently during both normal operation and sleep mode.

Search for "lenovo w520 shutdown"

Search for "lenovo w520 lawsuit"

I have returned it to the depot 4 times with no resolution. Every time I call, I point out that this is a known issue with 140 *pages* of postings on the Lenovo support website thread (search for "lenovo w520 shutdown", it will be the first result).

Buy Lenovo ThinkPad W520 427638U 15.6" LED Notebook - Core i7 i7-2720QM 2.2GHz Now

I have had several Lenovo computers over the years and they have always performed well and this one is no exception. It's fast, battery life is very good, and the screen looks great. The power supply is a brick, but I got a nice backpack for the computer and there is plenty of room for it. I have used 2 of these W520's with no problems at all. Get one with a warranty and you should be fine.

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo ThinkPad W520 427638U 15.6" LED Notebook - Core i7 i7-2720QM 2.2GHz Here

I researched my options for fast reliable workstations long and hard. I work overseas and need a reliable and powerful machine. On paper the W520 seems like the best bet, and I have had great success with Thinkpad's in the past, however this is not the case with the w520.

The first week it performed flawlessly, on day 8 it would not turn on. I had powered it down for the night and in the morning it was just dead. I checked all usual suspects and contacted Lenovo. Came to the conclusion after long troubleshooting session over the phone with someone I could not even understand that the motherboard was most likely fried, and they have had the same issue before. They shipped the return box promptly free of charge with preprinted labels (a+ for effort) after a few weeks in the shop I got the laptop back supposedly fixed with mother board replacement and a few other things. No more than 3 days later the same thing, wouldn't turn on, no bios screen, nothing. called Lenovo again and they tried to say it's just a glitch and had static built up, and it was no big deal, they had my take it apart and disconnect internal battery. still didn't fix the issue. so I go through the whole process again. and Again get the repair order saying yet another motherboard is fried.

So for a laptop that claims superior quality and reliability this has hit as far from the mark as possible! I am now overseas for 4 months using my old laptop b/c there's no way I can trust the w520. In less than a month's time it has completely failed. So now it has become my wife's laptop until it needs to be fixed again at which point I will have to cut my loses and get them to take it back or throw it in the dumpster.

I had a huge love for the IBM Thinkpads, and after this I have no faith in Lenovo

Want Lenovo ThinkPad W520 427638U 15.6" LED Notebook - Core i7 i7-2720QM 2.2GHz Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment