HP Pavilion dv4-2170us Intel Core i5, 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 320GB, DVDRW with Lightscribe, White Notebook,

HP Pavilion dv4-2170us Intel Core i5, 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 320GB, DVDRW with Lightscribe, White Notebook, 14.1', Webcam, HDMI, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bitHad this HP DV4-2170US for just over a week and love it. The keyboard has a nice silky feel to it and responds nicely. Love the "touch" volume and WiFi controls; you basically just slide your finger over the volume level to adjust and just "tap" the WiFi icon to turn it on/off, cool! The screen is nice and has that glossy look that most new laptops have.

I got a pretty good deal on this laptop through Staples. The offer included a $46 instant savings, plus a $50 savings from HP and it was priced pretty low to begin with. I ended up paying ~$670 shipped, tax, etc., not bad for an Intel i5 processor, 14.1" machine with 4GB/320GB HD.

My only issue was that initially, it did recognize my WiFi setup but would not authenticate? I tried resetting my wireless router, rebooted it, reset all the settings, etc., nothing worked! I then finally just reloaded the driver/software for the adaptor (off of HP's site), and that fixed it, go figure!

Battery life could be a bit better, I get just over 3 hours on a full charge which I believe is less than HP indicates (4 hours?), but that's not really a deal breaker. Others have mentioned that the Intel i5 processor is a bit of a power monger, not a bad sacrifice for more speed/power!

Overall, if you don't mind the white cover and keyboard I definitely recommend this laptop.

On a side note, the HP DV4-2160US is the exact laptop (same specs) but with a brownish/plaid cover and black keyboard instead of the white setup on the HP DV4-2170US.

GOOD STUFF: It is fast and quiet. Fit and finish is excellent. Matching accessories add a nice touch. Touch pad behaves predictably. Price ($650) is unbeatable for the specs. External control for volume is a useful feature. Keyboard and touch pad are laid out conveniently.

NOT-SO-GOOD STUFF: It is a little heavier for a laptop of this size. Battery life could be better. Tons of HP bloatware. It gets hot, when the processor is working full throttle for an extended duration.

Overall I love this laptop and there are no major complaints so far.

Buy HP Pavilion dv4-2170us Intel Core i5, 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 320GB, DVDRW with Lightscribe, White Notebook, Now

I bought this computer because I needed a fast processor, and it has that. Unfortunately, the computer has other problems. Not since my 2001 iMac have I had so many technical problems in a new computer. The keyboard is shoddy -a key popped off when I'd been using it for about a month or two, and was very hard to put back on -and there's a nasty glitch with the cursor suddenly going out of control, so that the end of what I type pops up in the middle of a previous word. The touchpad is so user-hostile that I bought an external mouse. HP tech support is frustrating to deal with. All this would be easier to excuse if the computer were cheap, but it wasn't.

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion dv4-2170us Intel Core i5, 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 320GB, DVDRW with Lightscribe, White Notebook, Here

I was very happy with this Laptop. It is the first one I have bought and I am very pleased!

Want HP Pavilion dv4-2170us Intel Core i5, 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 320GB, DVDRW with Lightscribe, White Notebook, Discount?

I picked this up at Staples for $649 after rebates, which seems like a great price for an i5 processor. Seems like a nice computer, satisfied so far. But the sounds quality is horrible. I had an HP Pavilion that's 4 years old with no special sound card or anything like that, and it's set up to play through a decent (but not high end) AltecLansing system. I was thrilled with the Pavilion's sound. When I plugged this one in, the drop-off was so noticeable I wondered if I actually had it plugged in correctly. Maybe the sound card is the issue. Who knows? But in any case, if you're not dedicated to excellent sound, this is a good little laptop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment