MSI A6000-029US Laptop Notebook - 16" widescreen / Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 / 4GB Memory / 320GB HD /

MSI A6000-029US Laptop Notebook - 16' widescreen / Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 / 4GB Memory / 320GB HD / DVD±RW Drive / 802.11b/g/Draft-N / Built-in webcam / Windows 7 Home PremiumI purchased this laptop shortly after Windows 7 came out. I found a deal on it for $450 or so at Office Depot. I am not an avid Office Depot shopper (and actually used to work there), but I decided to check this out. I got the laptop, had everything setup relatively quickly, and realized that it came with Windows 7 32-bit installed (my lack of homework, but didn't turn out to be a problem). This is the one of only reasons (see next paragraph for other) I give this laptop a 4 star rating. Someone who is even moderately tech savvy can install Windows 7 64-bit with the exact same key, which is on the bottom of the laptop completely free and 100 percent Legal (Windows 7 keys allow for EITHER 32-bit or 64-bit installation). Some of the software for the computer that is on the disc is a bit more challenging to find the 64-bit drivers for, you will have to look for the 64-bit folder. This is worth the extra effort in my opinion. Google it and you will find plenty of forums if you need any help (especially on ).

Pros: This laptop for bucks with 4GB RAM, 320 GB Hard Drive, 16 inch wide screen, HDMI output, and 64-bit Processor and 64-bit Windows 7 (with a bit of work as said above), is clearly a steal! A brand that is lesser known in the mainstream market, because of less advertising, means you don't pay for the Dell, Apple, or Sony advertising. This is a well known brand in the motherboard industry.

Cons: The one problem I have noticed is that occasionally when it tries to hibernate it will not be able to come out of it. I just restart and everything is fine. I have avoided most of this problem by forcing my hard drive to stay on in the power settings. I know it has crashed when the power button LED does not flash anymore (which it normally does when its sleeping). This may be a Windows 7 thing, might be specific to Windows 7 64-bit, or may be the laptop. I am not 100 percent sure where this problem is coming from.

In repsonse to the reviewer talking about tech support and such. Obviously MSI support can only do so much when you haven't done all your research. In your review it even sounded like they answered all your questions and waived some of the cost for you. There were things you did not understand from the get go that you should have. This is not a case of poor MSI support, rather lack of customer due diligence. I am tired of customers rating the product poorly because they haven't done their homework. It sounded like this reviewer looked at a few laptops, chatted with a sales person at Office Depot for an hour, and thought he knew everything he needed to purchase a laptop. The Office Depot guy's job is to sell you a freaking laptop, NOT to do all your homework and make the best decision for you. He is going to have basic knowledge of the products for sale, not enough for you to make a great decision.

I will 1st note that I've had this laptop for just under 5 months after having the fortune to grab it during last Thanksgiving Black Friday special during which Office Depot had it on sale for only $429!

At that price, it was a sure BUY and and I would rate it the top 5-star rating for 'meets expectations.' Still, even not accounting for the amazing price I got, I rate this laptop 4 stars for both overall features and quality.

My last 2 laptops, purchased in 2004 and 2007, were both by Toshiba, so admittedly I had reservations buying "MSI," a brand I had never heard of before. But after finding out that it's actually a very large maker of mother boards and other innards of pc's for other brands, and that MSI gives a 3yr warranty, that was enough for me to take a chance and buy this brand. Thus far, I'm very happy with the solid construction of the laptop and the fact that (1) everything works right out of the box, and (2) there were very few pre-installed programs and trial-ware software (mostly junk) that other companies like HP or Dell would include that would just slow down the computer (especially at start-up) and take up space on the hard drive.

Windows 7 works and looks like a dream come true, and runs super fast with this Core 2 Duo and 4gb of RAM A+ for that! I'm using it in 32bit, not 64 like some folks.

Finally, the bottom line positive point of this laptop for me was that, after my negative experience with 'integrated Intel graphics' that was on my last Toshiba laptop purchased in 2007, I swore my next laptop must have a graphics chip from Nvidia or ATI, not Intel! At this price, specs/screen size, one would be hard pressed to find a comparable laptop that doesn't force u to have 'integrated Intel graphics'! If you don't game at all, then Intel graphics shouldn't matter, but if you play any games, avoid integrated Intel graphics.

The only 2 negatives worth noting are:

(1) the speakers on the laptop are surprisingly weak and would sound like they are cracking when you play music/movie above 80% of max volume; and

(2) the touch pad is way too sensitive as other reviews have stated when you type, your palm or fingers will brush on it causing the cursor to jump elsewhere and u end up typing in the wrong place or clicking when u didn't mean to. 100% of the time, when I have a mouse attached to the laptop, I will 'lock' the touchpad (turn off the touchpad).

Thank you Office Depot for offering a GREAT price for this pretty awesome laptop!

Buy MSI A6000-029US Laptop Notebook - 16" widescreen / Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 / 4GB Memory / 320GB HD / Now

The MSI A6000 is a good performer at a great price. But MSI is a TERRIBLE company to depend upon. As others have noted, there provide no documentation, warranty papers, disks etc. with the computer. Try to reach them--they hide their company phone number. MSI does not offer an 800#, no 24/7 tech access, no phone answered live at HQ.

They want you to contact them on the Internet about problems with your computer--with that requirement you are out of luck if you don't have a second computer at hand while trying to fix your MSI.

That's a crazy business model on which to build a base of satisfied customers. Their site and blog says how responsive they. But they are not responsive at all. While I like the A6000, I didn't know thill now how risky it is to depending upon MSI's primitive company tech service system. I now regret purchasing this MSI machine. I will resell it and get a computer brand with 24/7 support. BEWARE OF purchasing MSI products untill they get a real and responsive customer support and service operation going in the USA. CBY

Read Best Reviews of MSI A6000-029US Laptop Notebook - 16" widescreen / Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 / 4GB Memory / 320GB HD / Here

i bought my first MSI back in Jan of 2010 and it still functions like new. I bought 2 more MSI laptops. Now i own 3 MSI A6000-030US the only difference from the A6000-030US and the A6000-029US is the blu ray player that is all. @Jalard i totally agree with your post. They have been flawless for me. I Dj and use all 3 of them. they have never let me down. Never froze never slowd down and never heated up..... they are fast. Too many haters here. They have no clue what they are talking about. For the person who posted they cant reach customer service lol WOW!!! dude i speak with them all the time lol cant find number here you go 1-888-447-6564 oh and this one 1-626-581-1551. MSI is know for those who say they are unknown. MSI is well internationally known for their motherboards. I have been a comp tech since 1990. Also its like a car. if you dont maintain it it will break down on you. Take care of your laptop and it will take care of you.

Want MSI A6000-029US Laptop Notebook - 16" widescreen / Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 / 4GB Memory / 320GB HD / Discount?

I do not like this laptop at all! The keyboard setup is a major pain, very cramped, and where the mouse pad is located everytime you type, you accidently touch the pad and it moves your cursor! Half the time the numbers on the other side of the keyboard don't work, and after only 6 months the battery is completely dead! What's the point of having a laptop is I have to keep it plugged in! Not worth the money! Keep looking people!

0 comments:

Post a Comment