Acer Aspire S7-391-6468 13.3-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (White)

Acer Aspire S7-391-6468 13.3-Inch Touchscreen UltrabookThis would be a 5-star review if it were not for the manufacturing quality issues. I ordered model 6410 from the Microsoft online store for my wife's b-day at the end of April for $999. It arrived with a 2 inch pixel scratch (subsurface in the screen) and it also had a manufacturing date of Nov 2012, which by computer standards is practically ancient at 6 months old. Microsoft returns are a nightmare but I finally did get a full refund. Fortunately Amazon lowered their price at this time and our 2nd buy was this slightly newer 6468 version manufactured Jan 20, 2013 (whoever names the models must be on crack go to their website if you don't believe me). The Microsoft store in the mall now carries the 6413 which I think might be newer for $999.

Anyway, #2 from Amazon arrived with a bad space key. You had to mash the Space key very hard to get it to work if it worked at all so back it went. Amazon prime shipping and returns are a breeze though which is why I love Amazon so much. The 3rd computer arrived in this time in perfect working condition 3rd time's a charm as they say.

Many oohs and ahs at work meetings on the size and styling. Admittedly the styling is very Mac-like but it's thinner, touch screen and compatible with all of my PC programs for work and home. Honestly though, I find the touch screen pretty useless on a laptop/ultrabook. If it folded back, like a tablet it would be a perfect design.

Sounds like it should be a 2-star review but really this thing is so light and sexy and nothing came close to matching it in May 2013. It's the best 'laptop' I've owned so far ( and I've had HP, Sony, Toshiba, and the worst of the worst my current Dell Aspire 'aka "brick" or "P.o.S" for work that I no longer carry it now stays docked 24-7).

I bought this laptop after doing my research and watching/reading multiple reviews. Most of the reviews were quite accurate. It's a very light, very pretty, very well-built laptop with an ok battery life. When running large processes i.e. games, the fan can get a bit loud and the area just above the keyboard where I presume the battery is can get a bit hot, but otherwise it is more or less silent and cool.

A note about battery life: I'm getting up to 5 hours running internet/documents, and around 2 hours running League of Legends. This is with all settings optimized for power saving and wi-fi turned on. With wi-fi turned off i.e. airplane mode, I can get 6 to 7 hours.

The speakers work quite well, as does the touchscreen. Thanks to the SSD, boot time from completely shut down to the lock screen is slightly less than 5 seconds. This is an excellent laptop for its price. I could not find it for less elsewhere.

Buy Acer Aspire S7-391-6468 13.3-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (White) Now

I purchased this laptop since it was very thin and lightweight and enables me to carry it around with me. The problem I've been having is with the Wi-Fi connection which keeps dropping. I read a bunch of forums and it seems this is a problem for many others who have this model or older. I've tried some of the fixes suggested by Acer and users on the forum and the thing that helped a bit was the switch on the power settings to high performance although it kills the battery quicker. It still drops the connection but not as much.

Read Best Reviews of Acer Aspire S7-391-6468 13.3-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (White) Here

Great design, really beautiful. I think it is much better than Macbook Air. Touch screen is very smooth and clear. The only problem is the original WIFI driver sucks...But after upgrading the latest driver released on April.2003, everything is perfect now.

Want Acer Aspire S7-391-6468 13.3-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (White) Discount?

I looked for ultra book for few months and considered macbook air, asus zenbook and sony vaio in addition to the aspire s7.

I didnt buy the mac because I wanted ready to use Windows 8 and touch screen.

eventually I decided to go for the acer, the machine looks great, light, nice, slim, great screen etc.

there are 2 issues:

1. the wifi does not work well it turns out it is a known issue, check acer customers forum.

This is really bad, when I am right next to the wifi router it works fine, if I move 10-15 ft away the speed drops to nothing and it disconnects.

I downloaded the latest driver didnt do much help.

I ended up buying an external wifi usb adapter ... this is not what I got an ultra book for.

2. The other issue is fan noise, I must admit it is not as bad as I thought it may be after reading reviews here.

The wifi issue is way more problematic ....

Acer do something about it...

Save 14% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment