HP Pavilion dm1-4210us 11.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

HP Pavilion dm1-4210us 11.6-Inch LaptopPros:

# Ultra portable design, loved the look and feel , its about ipad2's size in length

# Weight just 3.5 lb !! Feels really light when compared to 15' notebooks

# Nice display and nice vivid colors !!

# Very good Sound !

# Battery !

# Decent video quality for low resolution webcam.

# Other features : Bluetooth , HDMI , USB 3.0 port , hotkey for One touch browsing

Cons:

# Feels slow when booting up for a brand new PC.

# Loads of HP software , which may not be required

# Trackpad, although is not bad but will take some time to adjust to the new feel.

Overall I feel this is a great product for people who love portable laptops and mostly use it for internet , chat , music and videos .

Definitely value for money if you want it for school and/or home/personal use and travel. Not sure if will serve the purpose for high CPU intensive applications though .

This product is great!

I love the laptop. It's small and super light weight. The web camera is really good. The laptop is very fast. The design is awesome!

The only downside for me is that it lacks a DVD/CD drive but the laptop is small and it already has so many features it's understandable. xD

Great buy totally worth the price!

Buy HP Pavilion dm1-4210us 11.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

I really like this netbook. Though it is much heavier than what I prefer, It works ok, is fast and has a very smooth feel. Doesn't have a DVD drive but you can buy an external DVD player and you're good to go. :) Worth the price.

Read Best Reviews of HP Pavilion dm1-4210us 11.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

I purchased the HP Pavilion dm1-4210us 11.6-Inch Laptop to use while traveling. My HP Pavilion p6-2108p Desktop remains my primary PC and I also consider the dm1-4210us to be a back-up to it because it has a 500GB HD. The HP dm1-4210us is a very nice little laptop; I wanted something small enough to watch my own movies/listen to my music on a plane or in a hotel, light and easy to carry and good to check e-mail. This laptop fits the bill. My most serious complaint is the built-in speakers. The HP BEATS audio hype led me to expect some pretty good sound but these speakers are just too small to deliver. I guess that's why they sell the BEATS headphones. I'm going to make do with some headphones and a set of portable speakers. I also wish manuals were included in the box; I don't like printing out 40+ pages at home. Other than that, I am still trying to figure out my battery life. Initially, the indicators said I had about 4 hrs of battery life, considerably short of the 7 advertised and my expectations of 5-6 hrs. Today I found I had over 5 hrs of battery life indicated, more in line with what I expect. The touchpad is a bit tricky but not a problem after a short while. I did buy a wireless mouse to use when space permits but I'll be OK without it. I'm really happy with my HP Pavilion dm1-4210us and can highly recommend it.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS 2 MONTHS IN: I'm still happy with my purchase but concerns about speed have cropped up. The dm-1 was taking a while to boot up until I got ruthless about start-up programs. It can also be slow responding while web-surfing if too many background programs are running. A key to this laptop is getting it set-up properly. The HP external speakers make a big difference in the sound quality. I really like the HDMI output to put my movies on my 32" TV.

Want HP Pavilion dm1-4210us 11.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

Usually I write long, profusely technical reviews.

This is short (busy today).

I love the whole DM1Z series and was one of the first adopters a year ago, got a new model a week ago DM1Z-4200 Customized.

Here you see a ship-ready (preconfigured model) but its basis is same as for my customized DM1Z (I selected E2-1800 processor instead of stock 1200).

Immediatelly I removed Harddrive & replaced with Crucial SSD, sold HDD (note: HDD is 5400 rpm speed, unlike my HP Elitebook's whose HDD is 7200rpm also coupled with SSD except it's Intel-branded).

I paid $30 more for a custom config.

People who waste money on MacbookAir need a life that product is so much about appearance & hype than function, likewise iPhone fad is a fad Motorola Atrix and Samsung galaxy beat iPhone into the dust.

But I am a dry technical professional so I don't represent teenagers, kids of housewives who think anything made by Apple is "good".

This HP is a dirt-cheap superNetbook or subNotebook whcihever term is preferred.

"super" is because it is NOT based on Intel-Atom, but is based on much better (for Netbooks only) E2-1800 processor which offers discrete-class Videocard, this little tiny supernetbook has video capability of a full blown midrange laptop.

While I do serious work on HP Elitebook that machine costs like a used car ($2K), requires ACpower (it eats battery in 4 or some hours due to crazy hi-end video), it has nVidia, weighs and sizes like a mobile workstation. That's fine. BUT for travel and fun computing on the go I got this DM1Z.

Sometimes I feel weird because some days even prefer using this DM1Z instead of a powerful Elitebook which sits at home.

DM1Z will run for 8-11 hours depending on how good you are with power management settings & wireless & video use, which far better than MacbookAir which is using Intel core i3/i5 processors more suitable for fullsized laptop than ultraportable laptop or netbook which is what MacboorAir or HP DM1Z are. Macbook air will die in 5-7 hours, and IF YOU NEED Intel core i3/i5 processing power I just had a thought, why not get a normal laptop then? Netbook is supposed to be optimized for portability, weight, batterylife and connectivity; in this case DM1Z is also optimized for imporessive Video card rivaling many normal-sized laptops. I run even Adobe Photooshop, YouTube, etc and all this multitasking is tolerable, not same experience as on HP EliteBook but still UNEXPECTEDLY good for a $400 netbook!

E.g. I set brightness to minimum.

Also I applied antiglare film to mimick HP Elitebook & other PROFESSIONAL displays which are always Antiglare, unlike consumer cheap type which is glossy to attract fools.

Not having an option for antiglare screen is my only complaint but really film costs $10-15 (HiDef version) and no big deal, besides many people aren't using it for business like myself and actually prefer glossy/glare screen.

P.S. Changing TN LCD to IPS type LCD would increase laptop price by $50 or so, and as a side note to HP's management:

I WOULD PAY FOR IT if it were available

IPS is a must for professional graphics work (e.g. CAD, photography).

0 comments:

Post a Comment