Lenovo G780 17.3-Inch Laptop

Lenovo G780 17.3-Inch LaptopThis is a well designed and powerful laptop for the family. The screen is large 17.3" by limited by the 16:9 resolution. So, video enjoyment is not as good as full 1080, but at this price point, it does ok

Bought this laptop for school work for my 2nd grader who is homeschooled. Everything works great EXCEPT for connecting to wifi....did everything that was suggested to do to fix it....still didn't work. Finally called Lenovo support...they fixed it by uninstalling then reinstalling the wifi driver....then it only worked for a day...so now I'm back to no wifi...have to plug in a long CAT6 to get Internet access...gonna call Lenovo tech support AGAIN to see if they can fix it....NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Buy Lenovo G780 17.3-Inch Laptop Now

It's great! I just didn't expect it to be so big! But still a great deal for an awesome computer!

Read Best Reviews of Lenovo G780 17.3-Inch Laptop Here

I decided not to try and get a Windows 7 machine, and just went with the best Windows 8 machine I could get in my budget (it was on sale for $500 at the time.) For that money, I get more computer than I ever have before. My last machine was an HP Win XP business model with 100GB hard drive, which I got at a discount for $700 five years ago. So I felt really good about how much I was getting for the price.

The machine is satisfyingly large without being heavy. It is in fact surprisingly light for the size. It also runs very quietly and doesn't get hot, even sitting on a lap. The case (a semi-shiny black) is a fingerprint magnet, but that's not uncommon these days. The screen is large, bright, and I found no issues with the angle. The keyboard is really nice; it has very shallow key wells, so no little crumbs falling and getting stuck under the keys to get crunched unpleasantly and make them sticky. It is also much slimmer than I expected.

I get the griping about the Windows 8 PC/Tablet compromise, but it took me all of five minutes of Googling to find some add-ons and programs to revert to Windows settings I was more comfortable with, as an XP user. There are a number of very nice programs available to add a Start button back in, for example (I chose to use Classic Shell, which also adds more functionality to Win Explorer, but that's just one of many.) I have so far not found that convenient "Adjust for Best Performance" setting I used in XP to knock the sleek windows appearance back a bit, but with 6 GB RAM, I haven't found all that fancy animation to affect performance at all. In fact, I had six apps/programs running along and was installing new ones without a hiccup. It is irritating that the Apps don't have an in-program close button, but they can be closed on the left-hand side of the screen. Counter-intuitive but easy enough once figured out.

I am a little irked that all the pre-loaded Lenovo apps have no explanations about what they do or a booklet describing them or something. I couldn't even find a description of them on the Lenovo site, and am not inclined to Google each one to figure out whether I need it or not.

Overall, I found it to be a wonderful laptop for the money. Time will tell if it proves reliable enough to last years, but my first impression is very positive.

Want Lenovo G780 17.3-Inch Laptop Discount?

Love this laptop. Has all the features I need at an affordable price. Quiet, does not get hot, sound is great.

Save 2% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment