Toshiba Satellite T115D-S1120 LED TruBrite 11.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

Toshiba Satellite T115D-S1120 LED TruBrite 11.6-Inch LaptopAmazon merged the two models into one page and fixed most of their info, but they have the battery life listed as nine hours in one place and six hours in another; the six hour figure is correct (thanks, Philip!).

Also, the cheaper model (T115D-S1120) has a single core 1.6 GHz processor, not a dual core 1.5 GHz processor. This is currently still incorrect on one part of the page.

I have a 16 inch Toshiba dual core/4gb ram I purchased a year ago and loved it, but I wanted something mobile with a longer battery life. I love Toshiba quality and decided they can have my business again. I was looking around for a netbook but then this came out. I went with the dual core just in case I needed to photoshop and watch movies on it later. I've looked at 10.1 inch screens, and they were just so tiny and have to scroll a lot when when reading online. 11.6 inch screen is perfect, I don't notice the screen size being a problem. Screen is beautiful, watching HD shows and movies look fine and play fine.

I have had this for about week and have done mostly web browsing and haven't ran it through the ringer with memory hog programs life photoshop yet but it feels just as fast as my 16 inch dual core with 4 gb of ram. I usually get over 4.5 hours battery life on bright settings but I put it on eco mode which dims the backlight and I get 5+ hours.

I watch youtube videos with ease but speakers are not the best which doesn't matter since I use headphones on it. Hulu, Facebook, you name it all work just as fast as my laptop. Itunes works great.

One thing was common in reading netbook reviews was that you can't expect it to replace your regular laptop or desktop. I honestly think this product can, especially if your an average user who watches youtube, listen to music, web browse. I didn't see the need to upgrade Ram yet and probably won't so I don't sacrifice more battery life.

One complaint is that is does get warm when I'm using it constantly but not like it is burning my leg warm. I'm used to the track pad but prefer using a wireless mouse. I picked up another logitech wireless mouse which works perfectly. If your thinking of getting a netbook, or just a laptop that has a long battery life but don't want to sacrifice power, this is it.

Buy Toshiba Satellite T115D-S1120 LED TruBrite 11.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Now

I have been skeptical about purchasing a netbook instead of a traditional laptop for a computer for my wife to use around the home. Man am I glad I plucked down the extra $100.00 over other good netbooks. This thing is a powerhouse! About the only difference between this netbook and 2 year old laptop technology is the missing optical drive, on the other hand unlike many netbooks it comes loaded with Windows 7 premium instead of starter (A major problem in other netbooks). Another dynamite plus in this netbook is the included HDMI port to hook up your computer directly to a HDTV and watch Hulu, amazon on demand, netflix, or other streaming broadcasts. The laptop is as fast as any other middle of the line laptop, which makes it exceptionally fast for a netbook.

The keyboard did take me about 20 minutes to get used to, and while some review sites give the buttons a big thumbs down, they are okay after using them for a while. If I am using this netbook on a desk I am likely to hook up a wireless mouse to it.

The included battery lasted 5 1/2 hours using it for the Internet and word processing.

When I ran itunes, MS Word, Firefox, and a few other smaller programs the computer did not have any trouble with lag time. Boot time is a bit slower than I would like, but no complaints given it is a netbook. Like I said, I feel like it performs as well as any new laptop from a few years ago.

The weight is perfect to carry around the house, which my wife needs during the day with a newborn. It is very thin and very light.

I did not have any difficulty with scrolling while looking at websites I have yet to run into one that has to be scrolled horizontally.

If you are looking for a netbook, but are put off by tiny keyboards, slow response times, slightly too small screens, and can spend a little extra, this is my favorite netbook out of the many I spent time researching and playing with at Best Buy and Walmart.

Read Best Reviews of Toshiba Satellite T115D-S1120 LED TruBrite 11.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Here

I just received my S1125 a couple of days ago and I'm very pleased with it. I've looked hard at the various models in the area between a netbook and a full-sized laptop, and I think this is one of the best machines of that type. The display is gorgeous; 1366 x 768 at 11.6" is really nice and the Radeon 3200 graphics chip is excellent. I bought it along with the Toshiba external DVD drive and additional 2GB of RAM; so far both are working very well. As far as I'm concerned, this thing is the perfect size: it's small and light enough to carry it around, but it's still big enough to have a usable screen and keyboard. I've used a Dell Mini 10 netbook with an Atom N270 CPU, and although it worked, I wasn't happy with the performance.

So far I've added 2 GB of RAM (it took less than a minute; anyone can do this), resized the primary Windows partition, installed Ubuntu 9.10 in parallel (dual boot), and started playing with it. I hooked it up to my 1080p 46" HDTV via HDMI and watched an HD streaming episode of Battlestar Galactica. It looked great, and this machine had no problem keeping up with the HD stream from Amazon. I removed some of the crapware (Norton being a prime example) and installed Microsoft Security Essentials (free anti-virus from MS...it's actually pretty good. In fact, it's better than most of the alternatives; I've tried them all.) The keyboard is pretty easy to use; the touch pad works fine, but I usually use a wireless USB mouse if I'm doing much work with a laptop. I've only just started playing with the webcam, but the pictures I've taken so far are grainier than I expected. I haven't had an integrated webcam before, so maybe this is the way they usually look.

Windows 7 is actually pretty nice, though I prefer linux in general. If you're going to buy a machine with Windows 7, go for one like this with Win 7 Home Premium rather than Starter Edition. Starter is a sad, crippled version, one with which you won't be happy.

Want Toshiba Satellite T115D-S1120 LED TruBrite 11.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Discount?

i've had the T115D-S1125 for a couple of weeks now and love it. Screen is sharp, the black case isn't as bad a finger print magnet as i thought it might be. keyboard is good to type on and hdmi out is very useful. Few minor things stop me from giving 5 stars. Battery life is around 4 hours or less when doing more intensive operations like playing video. when using hdmi out to display to a tv, video stutters a little mainly on hulu, my macbook pro is fine as a comparison. trackpad takes a bit of getting used to and i made a lot of accidental clicks till i got used to it. Overall really like the laptop 4 hours battery life is still very good, love the screen and small size, surprised how good performance of the laptop and windows 7 are together and find i use this now for my main laptop in preference to my macbook pro.

0 comments:

Post a Comment