Acer AS5742-7120 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black)

Acer AS5742-7120 15.6-Inch LaptopYes, agreeing with one of the other reviews, I agree that the speakers are monotone, but buying a laptop for sound quality is ill-advised. I usually use headphones while watching movies or listening to music anyways. This laptop is not for gaming purposes, so if that's your intent...look elsewhere. If you're looking for a value laptop, you cannot pass this up! A $500 laptop with an Intel I3 processor is too good to be true! This is my 3rd laptop and I now rarely ever use any of the others. Compare the processing power of the I3 processor against all of the other processors in this price range at and then make your choice. Intel's new line of processors is without comparison. My desktop has an Intel I7 and is unsurpassed by most anything on the market. If you're looking for a laptop that will handle most people's standard operations...look no further. As far as the McAfee problem in the reviews...anti-virus software requires special removal tools that have to be downloaded from the designer's website, so you cannot simply uninstall with Windows stock software. The keys are flat, so if you have typing issues...this could be a problem for you. Beware that Toshiba laptops (which I also own) utilize very similar flat keyed keyboards. My other laptop which is a Compaq has a dual core processor (also upgraded to 4 GB of Ram) and does not compare to the speed of this laptop, so if you want a fast laptop for watching movies, surfing the web, or doing mass amounts of spreadsheet and business modeling (which is what I do)...then this is an outstanding purchase!

Received this item in TWO days using standard free shipping! It was packaged inside a cardboard box, inside a cardboard box, inside a cardboard box. So, no damages.

Booted right up in Windows 7 with no hassles. Only took me about 20 minutes to remove the bloatware (might take you longer if you want to remove the Acer backup etc. software. I chose to keep it for the time being).

Keys are a little too flat for my taste. As a touch typist I prefer contoured keys and keys that press down a bit more than these do. The screen is very shiny, so working with a backlight or in bright sun might have a problem with reflections. Webcam does have a slight lag, even on the lowest resolution setting. These are the only negatives for me so far.

Two USB ports on the right side, one USB on the left, so lefthanded folks who want to attach a real, corded, mouse can do so. The textured plastic case is a nice touch for avoiding fingerprints.

AFTER ONE YEAR: well, it has been an experience with this laptop...and not always a good one! The wifi is the worst problem by far, but I cannot ascertain if it is Windows 7's problem or the Acer's. Wifi will shut itself off for no apparent reason. Sometimes I have to restart the computer several times to get the wifi to come up at all. The function key sequence which is supposed to turn it off and on does NOT work. Pain in the tookus.

Keys stick at random intervals. Sometimes they take to sticking for a few days, then they fix themselves. I hate this keyboard still.

No CAPS LOCK indicator light. Try typing passwords when you don't realize caps lock is on! Have gotten locked out of a few accounts before I realized the problem.

Buy Acer AS5742-7120 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black) Now

This is a really good PC. The keys are flat, but its not a problem for me. The keyboard is very responsive. Although, at times it hard to tell if you've hit the right key if you're reaching for a high one e.g. the backspace.The i3 processor is fast. Can really do multiple tasks. The 15.6 display is great. It is quite thin, thinner than a lot of laptops. The screen is clear and easy to read. Set-up was easy. I made a video and checked out the camera, and its quite clear. The only problem is that the laptop revs up on a regular basis, and when you are recording something or making a video, when you replay it, you'll hear the reving. It sounds like feedback.

There is no Bluetooth. But you could always buy an external one. Overall this laptop looks and feels great. Awesome purchase at $480.

Read Best Reviews of Acer AS5742-7120 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black) Here

Amazon is awesome, first off. I must have picked up this laptop when it was on super sale, because a few days later, the price ups QUITE a bit more! No regrets with my purchase here. The laptop is a solid performer if you need it for everyday things like I do (in hindsight, this laptop may have too much computing power for my needs). The price I had it at... I got the Intel Core i3 for what lesser processors are going for. This laptop is light, and comes with all you need to get everything (sans graphic intense games) done. Can't beat it!

Want Acer AS5742-7120 15.6-Inch Laptop (Mesh Black) Discount?

Pros:

Speed , Design , Handling , Screen , Interfaces

Touchpad and Keyboard is very good

Cons:

Speaker is mono and hard to hear also with highest settings and different drivers

Internal mic had a lot of background noise

Works only good with windows drivers not with realtek drivers

A lot of unusable software is installed

McAffe messed up windows firewall after unistall

No windows DVD .. but a reinstall partition

If you need to reinstall you have to remove the software "gifts" again

You will need external speakers!

The internal speaker is useless and really mono wired (fault by design)

We sent laptop return and we will buy Acer Aspire AS5745-3428

Save 5% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment